Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Drag racing my 2010 on Fri et's???

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  1fastpony 
#1 ·
Just traded in the 08 on a Kona Blue Gt 5-spd. the only options being the 3.73 gears and the security package. I'm hoping for low 13's maybe a high twelve. I'm gonna weigh it too.

Hopefully I'll have some good numbers to post on Sat

#8 ·
Well I weighed her tonight. With 3/4 tank of gas and nobody in it 3520.

For comparison sake my 08 weighed 3500 without the front sway bar and 1/4 tank of gas on the same scale.

She feels a lot stronger than the 08 though.

Come on Friday!!!

#9 ·
Now you just need to sell me all that maximum motorsports stuff,,,,, for your 1986,,,,,, you have had lying around,,,, for almost 9 years,,,,, collecting dust, ,,,, going to waste,,,,,, WTF

Then you can go out and buy more 2010 parts like long tubes,,,, cams,,,, tubular lightweight whatevers,,,,,

#12 ·
I hope good ones!! Wish it was cooler out, but oh well. Leaving the shop at 530 so I should be racing by 7:00!!!

#14 ·
Ok here are the numbers Best run of the night was
13.36 @105.18
2.073 60ft
powershifting every gear at 6,000 rpm

Biggest problem

Wheel hop, wheel hop, wheel hop!!!

I couldn't even do a burn our in the water it was so bad.

Had to bring it out real soft, and even hittin second it felt like the rear was gonna fall out.

The temp was 73-80 and not sure about the humidity but there was dew on the car for the final three runs.

All in all a bunch of 13.4's and a couple of 13.3's once I got better at the launch.

Now its time to throw some parts on it

BTW It had 286 miles on the odometer at the begining of the night LOL Breaking her in right!!!

#15 ·
Two things. One it was pretty warm out tonight. Two you need to break that car in a little so that engine is putting out all it can. Get that wheel hop taken car of and you'll be running high 12's which would be impressive.

#16 ·
Yea thats true. I might hit the beach to put some miles on it and install my hardcore upper, maybe ditch a little weight and run it on wed if the weather is good. I would love to hit twelves with just a lil suspension.

Thanks for the support!

#17 ·
Thats about what the performance specs indicate ~13.4 for a 2010. 104 mph.

Am I miising something?

Those et's and times for your old car with the 258 whp seem odd, maybe some really negative DA (-1550')helped or did you have a dyno tune on it with the stock intake and DR's. Same DA will be needed for the 2010 car to get you even close to 12's. I know the 2010's are slightly lighter and put down ~ 10hp/hp more on the wheels. Also come with a better intake and FRPP tune and 4:10/3:73 gear option. With this AND DR'S with good DA, 500' or less you could nip a 12.9'. The mph needs to be in the 106-107 mph. Simply, these cars don't put down the STOCK hp needed to run 12's easily like the GTO'S AND SS CAMARO'S.

I have a friend I bracket race with than runs a auto with JLT, converter , XCT RWTD tune on 255's that runs 13.3 -13.35 all night long 105mph. He is hell to beat on King of the Hill night. So, good 60' and air you might get it done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.