Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

2015 Mustang Reveal

19K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  shaneyusa 
#1 ·
#5 ·
That silver car in the pics above is dead sexy looking. Can't wait to see this car in person and also looking forward to see what the next GT500 looks like, I think Ford hit a home run with this car based on the looks alone. It's claiming handling on par or better then the current Boss and it's supposed to be lighter and more powerful, all of this equals "win" in my book.

#8 ·
Great pics and videos.

#9 ·
I think it looks very nice. I like how they pushed the rear wheels out, so as to be more flush with the lip of the wheel well. I am anxious to see how the IRS works out this time, as well as how many opt for the Eco boost engine. (I know I wouldn't.). They had a lot of problems with it in the Escape. Somewhere I recently read an article on engine options down the road, but can't seem to find it. Anyone else see it?

#12 ·
Are they still using the same MT-82 Getrag six speed in this new model or is it a new transmission? I haven't read any specs anywhere, just that it will be offered with both a 6 speed manual and auto. Just hoping that they beefed up the Getrag if they stuck with it.

#14 ·
I think it may grow on me but i think it has lost that muscular mean car look. its now im import looking car(hyundai genesis). they could have given it an irs, they could have given it more horsepower, and still make it look like a mean tough car. I wasnt a huge fan of the 2010-2014 rear but ive grown to like it. Maybe this car will do the same. For me it just has to much of an import look.

#15 ·
At first, I didn't like it. But every time I look again I see something new I like. So, I guess I like the car. Except for the IRS, don't like that. Don't think I ever will.
I am most intrigued by the turbo 4 option though. I want to drive one, but I wouldn't buy one. Coyote or nothing.
The more I think about it though, I'd be happy with a brand new Fox coupe with a coyote and all the modern nice stuff. Ford, can you just do that?

#16 ·
The front has grown on me. Still dont like the 09-12 rear. the 13-14 tail lights with shelby spoiler are dead sexy... This back end... seems like they just keep slanting it further forward.. witch just looks odd to me.

#18 ·
The engineers did their best to keep some styling that they wanted, but fuel economy really forces their hands in a lot of situations. That slanted rear and aero front aren't just for looks; I bet the wind tunnel tests show a big improvement in wind resistance. Plus you get some big benys at over about 80 mph. Run a drag race simulation program for different values of drag and you can see it. Ultimate top speed could improve anywhere from 5 to 10+ mph from my 06 to the 2015 model with the same exact hp.

#22 ·
It is growing on me, but I like my 14 for now. Like the rear tail lights, but not sure about the nose. Side view looks like a stang should. Really want to see one in person and drive it. Like to see how the IRS feels. Guess we will have to wait...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.