Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Cobra Engineering oil cooler delete

28K views 64 replies 28 participants last post by  SVT_Troy 
#1 · (Edited)
I just received this from James and what a nice piece it is. Later this week, i'll grab for -10 oring fittings and thread in my stock oil pressure sending unit. Since there are 2 provisions for sending units, i'll likely run an aftermarket oil pressure gauge as well.

Here are some pictures that show the work of art that James has created.

***Photos on Page 5***

#14 ·
Don't give MMR a dime. The water neck is way to small on the MMR piece. James's piece is top notch and the water neck is the correct size for optimal water flow.
Firstly, it is a nice looking part and we wish him the best of luck selling them. In regards to the MMR version we can do different outlet sizes, the 1.5" is certainly not a restriction however and clearly Ford agrees being that the 2015-2016 Mustang GT Radiators use the same size lower radiator nipple, keep in mind, the MMR design allows for use with AN fittings also for the water, simply unscrew the barb and screw in a union (also available no charge as a option). But again, someone who wants a 1 3/4 nipple can certainly request it for no additional cost- not a problem - our apologies for interrupting the thread, just wanted to clarify.

MMR
Firstly, you're comparing a 2015-16 to a 4.6L? Before I knew the cobra engineering piece would be available, I asked about your oil cooler delete twice. The 1st time I never got a response back. The second time I called you guys directly and was told "it is what it is" and the guy I spoke to couldn't even tell me what size it was. But I'm sure it's not MMR's fault at all.

#7 ·
Sweet!!!!
James, I can't PM you, inbox is full but parts we spoke of are on the way.

#12 ·
I just ordered an aftermarket oil pressure gauge which comes with an 1/8'' NPT sending unit. on James's piece, both holes are drilled for a 1/4 NPT like the older FRPP piece years back. The stock oil pressure sending unit threaded right in. I picked up the appropriate adapter that will neck down to 1/8''npt for my aftermarket gauge.

#19 ·
Yes it will Herb. The easiest way to do that would be to go to one of the stainless header supply providers and buy a 90˚ stainless mandrel bend. Cut the straight legs to fit your available space and have a sealing ridge / lip rolled onto each end to hold the hose in place when you snug up your hose clamps. That will allow you to use straight lower hose pieces and the stainless will give you corrosion resistance.

Ed

#27 ·
Honestly I just haven't had time to run these. I can make a small quanity for modfords members.
Let me know which style you would need. One is for Romeo or later aluminum blocks, the second style is for Teksid blocks.

Same here as I will be needing one as well.

Also James, do you have any of the adapters you made a few years ago for the lower radiator hose?
I just ran one that will have a welded barb on it. We'll see how that goes.

Speaking of coolant, James, you should make your own style of crossover delete. Lol
I have many ideas on this. But time is not my friend right now. I just haven't put pen to paper on the top half yet.

#25 ·
Same here as I will be needing one as well.

Also James, do you have any of the adapters you made a few years ago for the lower radiator hose?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.