Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G

·
seems a little fast, you can put in stock times and they are too fast on every car compaired to what the mags say. cool non the less

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sorry, but I think it's off by a good bit. I have a G-Tech Comp Pro, and based on my G-Tech/Slip comparisons, the G-Tech is typically off by about .4 for the 60', which means it's probably off a similar amount in 0-60 (see this thread for more info: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28097). In any event, based on my 12.5 run, this site claims my 0-60 was 3.6, when the G-Tech said it was 4.5 and in reality, it was most likely around 4.1.

·
Registered
863 Posts
JT,

Back in Oct at Cecil when I borrowed your Helmet to Run !!

I was running a Tazzo Motorsports similar to a G-Tech. After my second run I averaged the Tazzo's runs and entered the Recommend Calibration for the Unit. On my 3rd run my 0-60 time was 3.92 60' was 1.71 and the Run was 11.66 @ 120.8 on ET streets. The Tazzo's calibrated 1/4 mile was 11.68 @ 122...

My .02 cents worth !

JL

·
Registered
135 Posts
NetworkingGuru said:
Sorry, but I think it's off by a good bit. I have a G-Tech Comp Pro, and based on my G-Tech/Slip comparisons, the G-Tech is typically off by about .4 for the 60', which means it's probably off a similar amount in 0-60 (see this thread for more info: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28097). In any event, based on my 12.5 run, this site claims my 0-60 was 3.6, when the G-Tech said it was 4.5 and in reality, it was most likely around 4.1.
I think that your GTech Pro Comp is probably correct on the 0-60 times since there isn't any "rollout" to contend with. That's why GTech meters won't agree exactly with drag strip times, the rollout at the strip causes the GTech times to be slower(bigger number) & the speeds are usually greater. But 0-60 is not a dragstrip "standard", so the time from a dead stop to 60 MPH, as measured by an instrument as accurate as the GTech Pro Comp, is probably right on.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey Jt, Look what I found, Thought I would share it
from my 90lx NMCA champ limited srteet.
The reaction is slow but its a pro tree, I was concentrating on the launch, I was just going through some old time slips,
I can't find the 1.23 60ft , will look more tomorow
peace

Attachments

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pete, that works out,by the probably slightly f'ed up, but not too far off calculator to:
0-60 MPH in 1.37 seconds!

Pretty wild!

JT

·
Registered
131 Posts
did you guys read the paragraph above the calculator? this guy has no clue. he says if you have a turbo your at max horse power when you hit full boost. this is wrong my roomate's eclipse hits full boost at 3100 and max hp (265whp) at 7200 it just climbs till red line aren't all turbos this way ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts