Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the motor in harness from the 1998 gt is in and connected to everything areomotive fuel system is in but leaking a little out of the gay ass dorman fuel line repair hoses i have to use those because i dont have the stock lines that run to the fuel rail so if anyone has some and there in houston please let me know because this gas leaking BS is making me want to blow my car up also did the COP conversion anyway i just wanted to see if it would bust off for just a second i dont have a mass air hooked up but wouldnt it run i thinking it should run maybe like crap but run atleast it will turn over but not start so please if anyone knows anything that can help me it would be awesome

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I got a headache reading that.
Use punctuation and let us know EXACTLY what your setup conists of,
and we will try to help.
Model year of car
what PCM
Fuel system, etc
Be specific
We all do not know all about your car, only you do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2001 Cobra Swap!!!!

well considering that the title of the thread is 2001 cobra swap i would think that a 2001 cobra motor was going into something i dont know of to many guys swapping 2 vavles for ther 4 vavle motors and seeing that i put that i am using a 1998 gt harness i would think maybe the car is a 98 gt also 98 gt's have return style fuel systems so i would think that i am running a areomotive return style fuel system and as far as punctuation you aparently were able to read the thread and yeah its the INTERNET not 4th grade english i dont mean to be rude but if you dont want to help just move on to the next thread

·
Registered
895 Posts
cool off

OK folks. jconde, calm down man. :bigwink:

Birdman is one of the biggest helps on this forum. He actually designs and builds swap kits, so his help is really valuable. From what I see, his response was worded to clarify your situation, so he could help you.

Honestly, I was confused by your first thread too, mainly because I didn't know what car this was in, and that does matter. You wrote:

" i have the motor in harness from the 1998 gt is in and connected to everything..."

That could be that you are putting an 01 Cobra engine into a Fox-body using a 98 GT harness, etc. You didn't state that you had it in a 98 GT. We have people here swapping modulars into cars from 60 years ago, and even GM cars. Do you see what I am saying?

The PATS is usually the cause of a no start in a Fox body (or other non-modular car) swap, but if your car is the 98 GT and you didn't change anything but install the DOHC engine, the PATS shouldn't be an issue.

Since you said that you changed to COP, which is a sweet deal on 4-post coil cars, that would be my first idea. I would want to know if you have spark at the plugs. Most of the diagrams I have seen have the SOHC coils and clearly state that the SOHC has its + and - terminals swapped compared to DOHC coils.

I have the writeup from the T-bird website that I can look up. It will give you a wire-by-wire description of what to look for.

In the mean time, welcome to modularfords, but keep it cool here. We are the #1 swap tech location for a reason. Unlike other websites for modulars, this isn't a bash and flame, we work on our own cars and we are willing to help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boss i'm not here to cause problem's if anything i'm here to solve them or get help from you guy's.I do apologize to Birdman and the other members for the last post,this car is driving me nuts.I will work on my threads.

·
Registered
895 Posts
yep

I agree, these cars can drive you nuts. No harm done.

I am still looking for my copy of the COP conversion for you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow, this is exactly what I needed. The way I see it the plugs fire twice in a 4 stroke cycle. When plug #1 fires as it nears TDC, #6 also fires, but is 180% out of cycle. Both use the same trigger(Gnd) wire.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Make sure you follow the instructions in that link to the letter.
Some might not make sense, but it does work.
I recently converted a 96 GT (waste spark PCM) to COP (Mach 1 engine)
and it fired right up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You see what I'm saying about the plugs firing every 180deg. The coils are in series and with only 4 triggers for 8 plugs, there is no way to differentiate which is #1 and which is #6. I don't believe there is any harm as I've heard this done on smaller 4 strokes, I believe it was an Onan engine if I'm not mistaken.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts