Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys.. well i got my snake dynoed today and i was REALLY Suprised..
We had a Dyno Day at mustang magic and the cobra put out some amazing #'s...
310.2 Rwhp
315.3 Rwtq
Now the car only has a Mac o/r H and Mac Catback. Those are the only mods.. STILL HAVE A STOCK PAPER FILTER the silencer was removed. I know im going to get flamed for these #'s b/c its a FREAK! Few of the guys from this board were there and will back me up..uncle Jimmy V and Joe (owner of MM) said it was the strongest 01 cobra they have seen with exhuast as the only mods.
I got the dyno sheet attached...
VERY IMPRESSED

-Z:jawdrop

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Those are great peak numbers. The only question I have is why your car has those couple large drops in HP and the one in TQ. Those are quite large drops. I think it should be alot straighter. One last thing. on the 309 run what happened in the beginning? your hp at the start seems low.

·
Registered
618 Posts
CraZeeSTanG said:
Nazman: you prolly saw them on other boards.. i posted it up on a few boards i visit..;)
Yeap,

True....I was thinking that the heat of the desert was affecting me!!

:D :D

Naz

·
Registered
41 Posts
HP Vs. TQ.

Unless I am missing something, somewhere...this is the first time I have seen a 32 valve Cobra pull more Toque than HP... A 16 valve or pushrod motor will always show more torque than HP.

I not questioning the validity of your dyno run...have never seen a graph like this on a Cobra?:confused:

Sorry...with the exception of the Eaton , Whipple, style blowers that produce HP at alower RPM and more torque than HP...example 03 Cobras..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dont know what to tell you :confused:
but uncle Jimmy V was there and he saw it.. the shop owner Joe saw it.. a few other people saw it as it was a DYNO DAY.. and thats what she made..
Im happy and ive taken a few LS1's so i know the power is there..

-Zee:banggears

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it already began...
im really thinking about just forgettin the "little" mods for now and just going for the procharger w/ 3 core cooler. but i need to be safe as possible b/c wont have funds for rebuild for atleast 6 months..

-Zee

·
Registered
21 Posts
I noticed your numbers are STD corrected and not SAE corrected. STD is 4% higher then SAE which would put you at 297.6rwhp and 302rwtq to make it comparable to what others post. Just a FYI

·
Registered
618 Posts
Re: HP Vs. TQ.

Chico said:
Unless I am missing something, somewhere...this is the first time I have seen a 32 valve Cobra pull more Toque than HP... A 16 valve or pushrod motor will always show more torque than HP.

I not questioning the validity of your dyno run...have never seen a graph like this on a Cobra?:confused:

Sorry...with the exception of the Eaton , Whipple, style blowers that produce HP at alower RPM and more torque than HP...example 03 Cobras..
I pulled 325RWTQ SAE, with 321RWHP SAE with just basic mods, see sig for dyno chart. Nothing wrong with a Cobra with a little bit of TQ:D

Naz

1 - 16 of 16 Posts