Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys logged 02 voltage to see what is going on?? If so what kinda #'s are you seeing.

From my research it seems that a decent safe tune in the area of 11.5- 12:1 is about .88-92v

I installed a 02 voltage meter today on my car and its readin about

1.08 under WOT which if my calculations are correct that is rich as hell, when my dyno pulls were lean as hell in the 14:1 area, It leads me to believe that the dyno a/f reading is messed up as some of you have hinted.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
I've seen ~0.76V to ~0.96v online for a WOT only modified A/F guage reading. That would cover lean to rich, with the target somewhere in the middle I'd guess. Your reading of over 1 V would peg those meters..

Here's the meters that are modified to do what you've done..
http://gadgetseller.com/gauges/modifiedproducts.htm

·
Registered
364 Posts
With the Predator tune, I'm seeing it start at .91V around 3k in 4th gear and pulls to .98V around 5600. Was going to fast then so let off.

Is this a decent reading?

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
RGrossman said:
With the Predator tune, I'm seeing it start at .91V around 3k in 4th gear and pulls to .98V around 5600. Was going to fast then so let off.

Is this a decent reading?
I monitored both mine when I was getting a slow O2 SES light. The voltage should bounce above and below .5v. In my case the slow O2 was noticably slower to respond than the good O2. I replaced it and logged voltages again. Both banks were almost identicle in amplitude of pulse and number of pulses above and below .5v,

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
IWRBB said:
I've seen ~0.76V to ~0.96v online for a WOT only modified A/F guage reading. That would cover lean to rich, with the target somewhere in the middle I'd guess. Your reading of over 1 V would peg those meters..

Here's the meters that are modified to do what you've done..
http://gadgetseller.com/gauges/modifiedproducts.htm
This is the gage im using and its from gadgetseller.

Im gathering info under WOT conditions.

I have the one from gadgetseller. Im going off PIN 87 from the pcm wiring harness which is on Bank1 on the left side. I have always tuned cars from 02 voltage if I didnt have a wideband or logging software, it usually gets you in the ballpark area.

I had the Diablo Hellion Scantool hooked up and was seeing 22.8 degrees of timing on a 3-4th pull and .94v on the 02's on bank 1 and 2 front sensors. I just dont see the difference in values from the calibarted gage to the scan tool. Very wierd.

Either way I think its rich.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took the POS out

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats good. I took the 02 gage out. I just use the hellion scan tool now. I tend to trust it a tad more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts