Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have or heard these two exhausts for the 03 cobra? bassani cat bac and the borla stinger? if so which one is louder. im ordering a white 03 cobra and the first thing i want to do is get a cat bac. thanks guys!

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
I have the bassani catted-x pipe and cat back, the bassani comes with baffles in the 4" tails that can be removed to allow for a little more flow...and volume. I love the sound, nice and loud :)

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
I have the Magnaflow cat back sound just like the borla but about 300 bux cheaper,it is very loud under acceleration but quiet at cruise and idle,i also have a UPR o/r x-pipe.MY .02

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea the magnaflow sounds nice. i didnt know that the magnaflow and borla sound alike. i heard the mac cat back for the cobra and its got a nice low deep tone, but i dont know how the quality is compared to borla and bassani. i need a nice beastly sound, but nothing TOOOO loud. id like to be able to hear my tunes. :cool:

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
stangfreak said:
yea the magnaflow sounds nice. i didnt know that the magnaflow and borla sound alike. i heard the mac cat back for the cobra and its got a nice low deep tone, but i dont know how the quality is compared to borla and bassani. i need a nice beastly sound, but nothing TOOOO loud. id like to be able to hear my tunes. :cool:
did you ever consider the Steeda Catback..It has Borla mufflers and it looks great also..I have the Mac and it sounds great and makes good power.I'd consider the Steeda setup if i were to change..I have no quality issues with my Mac catback but some guys have complained about the alighnment of there Mac..mine fits perfect..

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm i didnt think about the steeda cat bac. all i know is that steeda overprices a lot of there products. i dont know yet. im going to keep looking. i didnt know picking an exhaust was so confusing. i guess to some people, like me, take the sound serious.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have both of Steeda's exhaust offerings for the 03 Cobra. Absolutely a bit on the expensive side but Steeda has always treated me right so I went with them. No complaints and would do it again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
stangfreak said:
hey bunk, how does the steeda cat back sound?
It's quiet at idle but roars as you get on it. No drone though. I've used both MAC and Dynomax in the past and both of those were loud/obnoxious (not me anymore). Plus, the quality of MAC or Dynomax don't even compare to Borla.

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Fitment on the Magnaflow was perfect absolutely awesome setup i would recommend it to anybody...I paid 360 bux for my cat back with 3.5" tips everything is fully adjustable..Good luck.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i love my mac set up, just a prochamber and no mufflers, oh yeah my dad said i was crazy for doing it and that i would burn a valve with no mufflers is this true.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i guess i might go with the borla stinger. some guys told me it was a bit louder than the bassani, i was going to get bassani but everyone is installing that. i want something different so im going with borla. thanks guys i appreciate your replys.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Does anyone have the spin tech system heard it sounds awsome. It sounds like all you guys are stuck on magna flo, flo master, bassini , borla and mac.

·
Registered
34 Posts
hey, I'm going for the electronic cut outs. Loud with HP when open. Nice and stock the rest of the time. about $430 installed

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i was on the mustang magic web page and they said when they dyno there cars, the mac cat back produces the most hp out of all of them. what do you guys think?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
I myself along with others seen Mustang Magic dyno test Bassani,Magnaflow,FR 500,Borla,Mac and Flowmasters and Mac always comes out ahead.Too bad Mac don't make a SS system..It would sell.I think the Cobra owners are willing to pay a little more for a SS system that outflows the rest..

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so jim would you recommend the mac cat back or the borla stinger? i need some expert help with this, im going to bring my car to mustang magic, i live 15minutes away

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
stangfreak said:
so jim would you recommend the mac cat back or the borla stinger? i need some expert help with this, im going to bring my car to mustang magic, i live 15minutes away
Joe from Mustang Magic and i both have the Mac on our Cobra's.Mustang Magic is a Bassani,Magnaflow and Mac dealer..He had other catbacks on and sold them used at a loss.I am very happy with my Mac Exhaust.Some guys here have complained about fitment problems.If Mustang Magic installs it? You will have no fitment problems..

·
Registered
3 Posts
i love my mac exhaust, the sound is great! in my opinion the best sounding exhaust out there with performance! the fitment problems still consist, but mac sent me a new drivers side tailpipe and it looks a lot better, im sure if i bring it to a shop like jim said they will make it look perfect! other then the fitment, i really love the sound and performance, otherwise i would have dumped it from the start!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts