Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an 03 Cobra on dyno today.It put down509RWHP /588 RwTqe ,before the tune and without a chip..

jim v.

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
What gear was it in??!?!? LOL hahahahahahaha
i had to say it................... before matt did.......

gary

·
Registered
191 Posts
Man that is some serous power without a chip. Do you know what that Cobra had? I could only imagine how much power is to be had with a chip. Wonder how dangerously close that car is to detonation.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He drove it on dyno..Pulled chip and dynoed with me holding the chip.I noticed AF was 11.4..
I left while they started tunning..

jim v.

G

·
This sounds very familar to me. Is this by chance either a Crazy Horse setup car or a JDM setup car? And would it have the normal bolt ons that we all do(smaller pulleys,TB,CAI etc.. and 50 lb. injectors too?

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hot Rod Harry said:
This sounds very familar to me. Is this by chance either a Crazy Horse setup car or a JDM setup car? And would it have the normal bolt ons that we all do(smaller pulleys,TB,CAI etc.. and 50 lb. injectors too?

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
Actually i did notice an upper pulley and no pulley gaurd.;)

jim v.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Yes, JDM and Crazy Horse have a new way to tune the EEC directly without a chip. I too saw the dyno results of the prototype and they are very impressive and very promising...

Additionally, I believe it allows any driver the ability to plug in a laptop and change the tune on their own...as in when a mod is added and another .25 fuel point is needed, etc.

Could have some big potential.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Flashing the comp. Is the same thing. As having a chip. the comp. is not stock !, Same as Steeda, Saleen, Kenny bell,
the best way to go is a comp. flash, But u are stuck with it. unless u send it bact to re flach, Chips are easier. I gusee that was Jim
Glad to here it Now he can hang.
:)

·
Registered
246 Posts
As Hammer and Pete said what Jim did to his car is reflashing his computer to a new tune otherwise air-fuels would be:shocked with the boost he is making.Anyone of us can have this done to our cars by Fordchip by reflashing your computer for a tune.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
HIGH ROLLER said:
As Hammer and Pete said what Jim did to his car is reflashing his computer to a new tune otherwise air-fuels would be:shocked with the boost he is making.Anyone of us can have this done to our cars by Fordchip by reflashing your computer for a tune.
Yes, there is no taking kuddos away from Jim D'Amore. He, just like Pete, is definately a mad scientist.

Man, who would have ever thought that this 03 Cobra scene would be so much fun?? Talented mechanics, engineers, mad scientists....all creating Frankenstein monsters.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
New question, My car has dynoed 500 at the wheels and I was told that I need bigger injector's. So how the hell can kennel bell make 600 with the factory inj. Can I just add a boost a pump and get a new tune. (pete)

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
On the original topic, are there any restrictions or repercussions on flashing the pcm from the OBD port? Assuming you have the original program, can you reflash it back to factory? If anyone knows the technical details of the process, I'd like to hear them.

Thanks
Bill

·
400 Posts
First place Very few people have someone from ford to write a program to put on a ngs flash card. Of coarse that changes every day as new software becomes available. I have full flash capabilities with my NGS tool. Yes bill you could have the stock program flashed back in the puter. Every time you needed a program change, a new program would need to be created and the flashed on to the EEC. There is alot of work invloved in doing all this and that is why it's more expensive then a chip. It's an alternative. This has been done by dealers for many years now. I think doing this as far as customer service would be a pita. It's alot easier to send a chip back for a reburn then the EEC and disabling the car till it's back. Plus the program that was flashed in the EEC could be read by anybody and copied. Does reflashing work? Hell yes! Proof is my buddy Mike Siska's 4.6 t-bird that runs 11's and looks stock. Mike had a engineer write his program. Another downside is every time you had to take the car in for service you have to have the stock program reflashed back in. Right now a performance chip is still the best and most cost effectice way of inhancing your EEC's performance. Lots of pros and cons.

Rick

·
Registered
661 Posts
Grnenvy :You can also do it with fuel perssure, KB, Turns the press. up to 80lbs, he does this with the boost a pump.You do want the fuel to go up as boost goes up. I do it through the chip. I dont go quite as hi maby 60lbs, thats all the comp. will alow. Best way is to add 50lb Inj, With a custom tune , Like I do., As long as the a/f is ok , Peace
GRNENVY said:
New question, My car has dynoed 500 at the wheels and I was told that I need bigger injector's. So how the hell can kennel bell make 600 with the factory inj. Can I just add a boost a pump and get a new tune. (pete)
:)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
fuel system

Thanks pete for the info see you at JD's. I have been friends with Joe for a couple of years and he has dyno'd my cars in the past. I live in penn. and we all hang out in philly on sunday night's you should come up, when the weather get's better. Good luck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts