Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone know if the '03 Cobra engine is sold as a crate engine? If so is complete with harness, EEC etc?

regards,
Pete.

·
Registered
885 Posts
EECIV351C said:
Hello,

Does anyone know if the '03 Cobra engine is sold as a crate engine? If so is complete with harness, EEC etc?

regards,
Pete.
Yes, numerous vendors & individuals sell the '03 engine as a complete crate engine.
Here is a sample description & price from one site:

Karkraft:
TOTALLY COMPLETE WITH ALL FUEL INJECTION, SUPER CHARGER, EXHAUST MANIFOLDS, HARNESS TO FIREWALL, ALTERNATOR, A/C, BELTS, TENSIONERS AND ALUMINUM 11" FLYWHEEL.

$12,495.00 (very very limited quantity)
Here's the link:

Karkraft engine page

This is certainly not the best price I've seen BTW - they can sometimes be found for ~ $6500.00 - $9000.00 on eBay & elsewhere...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Angus,

I take it these are new engines?
I'll have a search around.
Unfortunately, over here we only have 5.4's

Cheers,
Pete.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeah,

I had a look they're new.
Thanks Angus.
Now I need to find the main harness,EEC and MAF.

Cheers,
Pete.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No pictures.
Have you been to the Ford Australia website they may have basic engine shots.
I believe they are almost impossible to get.
But I have some Ford contacts so I'll see what I can find out.
Ive got a workshop manual which may have some diagrams that give you an idea of the basic layout. If you like I can scan them in?

Cheers,
Pete.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GT281 said:
What type of emissions equipment come stock on the 5.4 ? Would it be similar to North America ?
I'll have to check that out in the manual but by comparison our emissions laws are lax. For example our 5.0's never had thermactor emissions control and from '99 up the 5.0's had no EGR either.
You may notice from the picture it has drive-by-wire throttle and in the top right you'll see the PCM-122. These are actually rivetted on! Below that is a Unichip(or "Unishit" as I like to call them) piggyback device because of the blower.
We really need to get cracking on the reverse engineering of this PCM so devices like that don't need to be used.

Pete.

·
Registered
80 Posts
From this I am assuming the 5.4 intake probably wont be emissions legal here in North America. Most likely doesnt have ports etc.. we require.

EECIV351C said:
I'll have to check that out in the manual but by comparison our emissions laws are lax. For example our 5.0's never had thermactor emissions control and from '99 up the 5.0's had no EGR either.
You may notice from the picture it has drive-by-wire throttle and in the top right you'll see the PCM-122. These are actually rivetted on! Below that is a Unichip(or "Unishit" as I like to call them) piggyback device because of the blower.
We really need to get cracking on the reverse engineering of this PCM so devices like that don't need to be used.

Pete.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GT281 said:
From this I am assuming the 5.4 intake probably wont be emissions legal here in North America. Most likely doesnt have ports etc.. we require.
What emission controls do you have?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts