Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched high and low regarding a simple way to get a harness.. I found RonFrancis/Detailzone ( thats a lot of wires) and i dont like how much space is dedicated to it, Dunne-Rite appears to be out of business about 5 yrs ago and lastly make your own..

This engine has been out for almost 20 Yrs and i am sure there are hundreds of swaps out there.. What is the cleanest harness setup out there?

Thanks

·
Administrator
9,679 Posts
Probably, in no particular order, DIY, Ron Francis, possibly (but not likely) Ford and of course there is the salvage yard.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably, in no particular order, DIY, Ron Francis, possibly (but not likely) Ford and of course there is the salvage yard.
I should have been more clear.. I have the OEM harness.. What i am looking for is a way to to get the engine running without running 100 wires.. A way to use the factory 03 harness into the 89

·
Administrator
9,679 Posts
I don't have a good solution for you.

I take that back. If you already have an 03/04 harness you can replace the factory ECU with a MS3Pro P-n-P unit that will likely drive your OEM dash and provide a much expanded tuning capability and an easy installation. Check out their ECU and the install / first start video, click here => MS3Pro P-n-P Install

Reactions: P49Y-CY

·
Registered
2 Posts
It takes 9 wires for the coils, 9 wires for the injectors, 4 wires for the knock sensors, 8 wires for the oxy sensors, 2 for the cam sensor, 2 for the crank sensor, 2 for the temp sensor, 4 for the maf, 4 for the tps, 2 for the idle air, 3 for the fuel pressure sensor, cooling fan, air conditioner comp, on and on. I weeded out my 2001 SVT Cobra harness and would not do it again. . Had to buy a Diablo tuner and a Dakota digital sta-1000 to make the gauges work. Did I save by doing my harness? Pennies... Buy the Ron Francis. They will reprogram your PCM and remove the PATS. I think a programmer is included. My engine would run well until it passed off of the start up portion of the program then it would start searching. The Idle air valve was wide open and it was still not right. I found out that it needs to set the codes and needs to see a number from the transmission speed sensor. After running it with the wheels jacked up, it set the codes and the idle air numbers dropped into normal range. I figured all that lut after changing the intake gaskets, idle air valve, tps, egr, maf and beating my head against the floor. Runs like a champ now. Should be on the road in another month.
Electrical wiring Electricity Cable Technology Electronic engineering

·
Registered
17 Posts
Save yourself the time and headache. Unless your very well versed in reading schematics, s buy yourself a new wiring harness. I bought mine from RJM wiring, when he was still making them, but I still had to modify it to add additional items.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts