Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's just say, i finally broke down and decided to test drive the 03 Cobra. For those of you who dont know me, I am a spontaneous buyer when I like something which is why I had'nt driven one till now. Let's just say, I still have my 00 GT. It wasnt the $ to buy it that stopped me, but the $ on top of all other costs to get it where I would want it was in excess of $19,000. This is what it would have cost added up ($400/mo x 30/mo vs $650/mo x 60/mo). Overall, I wasnt even impressed by it. Im not sure what the gear ratio is, but there was no "seat of the pants" feel like I was expecting from almost 400 hp. Yeah, with a couple grand it would be bad, but for the $, I can get this little 2V to stomp on that snake (nothing personal cobra guy's). Tim, let's go to work :king

G

·
You need to really stomp on the gas at around 3000 rpms to feel the power.....the power and torque curve is so flat for so long in the rpm range that you dont feel it like with other cars...yet...when you get done blasting down the 1/4 mile in a totally stock one...12.8's are where you will be at, at around 112 mph or more. Amazed me too...I have 1960's musclecars that feel light years faster and only turn high 13's or 14's....over 12 car lengths behind in the 1/4 mile. These 03 Cobra's are FAST!

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
2003 Cobra

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Yeah, the 03's have tons of potential. It will take more than a couple gran to beat one like you are talking about!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts