Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will get a billion views for that title but that is the point. I need a video of a modded 03 Cobra beating a stock or modded viper, any year, any model. I just need to email my dad the link because he thinks my Cobra won't hold its own and he wants a viper or Z06 because he thinks they will smoke me.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
209 Posts
My buddy and I found out that Fayetteville Motorsports Park is a big F-Body track unlike Rockingham and most of the local 1/8 tracks that are dominated by Fords. We were told there is a Viper and a Z06 that runs there every Sunday. The Viper runs 11.9's and the Z in the 12.5's. My buddy and I are licking our chops. We'll videotape it when we go down. The track is a bout four hours away so we are working on a day to go down.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Generally, a newer Viper WILL smoke our cars. A Z06 can too. I've raced a stock '97 RT/10 stock vs. stock and I was able to hang with him but he still pulled on me. Then again, this was from a 130mph - 150mph. I have a friend who has a lot of work done on his Viper, like a lot of Viper enthusiasts do and runs 10.6x's on MOTOR. He has a 300 shot he has yet to use at the track.

Modified, it's anyone's game. My 5.0 will put a smack-down on this car. It totally depends on driver, track, time of day and the alignment of the planets.

Bottom line: Viper's kick @$$ and the Z06 kick @$$. They're both better cars IMO, have more sex-appeal, etc so if your dad can afford them and doesn't mind spending the money, tell him to just do it. No matter what car he chooses, he'll be happy.

My $.02

·
Registered
3 Posts
Silver03snake, That viper runs 11.7s and the Z06 can run
12.0s. I ran my best time against the Viper but it wasn't
a close race since he ran the times above and I was running
12.65. I think you'd definetly get a kick out Fayetteville.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know an 03 would go down if it was stock. Look in my sig for my mods. 2.80 pulley with my other mods, cars alike are running 11.2-11.5 so beating a stock viper or Z06 should not be a problem. If you were to mod a viper or Z which is really expensive and is unlikely my dad will do, then they will win. I just need a video of an 03 cobra beating a viper. I have pleanty of videos of 03's beating Z06's:D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Please don't link directly to the download page on MustangSTL. We do not appreciate people bypassing the main site.

Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Some people put their time and money into these sites. Be a little more mature about it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I found a video of a 03 cobra beating a zo6 on Kazaa a person to person downloader. I don't know if either of the cars are modified. There is also a video of a 03 cobra catching up to and passing two modified imports and a viper venom 500. There's lots of other racing videos, most of them put out by illegal street racing. I have these videos on my computer but I don't know how to post them.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
are you sure about that gordon? I keep pretty up to date on the street racing videos and have not heard of that one yet.

·
Registered
52 Posts
In the video the camera is oporated by the passenger in the Corvette and it clearly shows the 03 Cobra passing at around 140 mph. I can not tell if it is a Z06 but the title of the video is 03 Cobra vs Z06 vette. Also with the chip, pulley, cold air, and catback mods the cobra should pull away from a stock Z06. I do not think the Z06 would respond well to a supercharger as it has a compression ratio of 11:1. If there is a way to set up a link here and upload the video and this is ok with the web moderator I could do that.

·
Registered
207 Posts
You can send me the video and I'll host it for you so you can link it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts