Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just called BEAU TOWNSEND FORD (937-898-5841) and spoke to the manager Jamie. He said they're selling in-stock 03 Cobras for a hundred bucks over invoice, no strings attached! The only problem is they have yellow, red, and silver only, all colors I despise. I really want dark shadow gray or black.

So my question to you people is does anyone know of any other dealers east of the Mississippi that are selling 03 Cobras for at or close to invoice?

Thanks in advance for any leads,

Marc

·
Registered
85 Posts
Treadwell Ford, Coastal Ford (both in Mobile, AL), and World Ford (in Pensacola, FL), all agreed to do X-Plan when I bought mine. That's right at $100 over invoice. Came out to $32600 basically.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What exactly is the "X" plan? Is this a plan for Ford employees or something like that?

Thanks,

Marc

·
Registered
85 Posts
Go to www.fordpartner.com and put in "EAA01" w/out the quotes (that's a zero, not "O"), use "United States" for the "Country", and then hit "Submit". You'll be able to see what the plan is, how it works, and all the pricings on various vehicles

Use the link below to get to the X-Plan pricing, and also shows your dealer inventory levels (this link is also on the above site). Unfortunately they do not post SVT X-Plan pricing, as you have to get this from the dealer).

http://www9.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/AXZPlan.jsp?referrer=AXZ&PlanType=X&ReferrerURL=FordPartner

·
Registered
251 Posts
VNOMSSS said:
Treadwell Ford, Coastal Ford (both in Mobile, AL), and World Ford (in Pensacola, FL), all agreed to do X-Plan when I bought mine. That's right at $100 over invoice. Came out to $32600 basically.
Are you actually an employee of an X-Plan partner, or did you just generate a PIN? I ask because I'm a GM family first member and it's a little more involved then this X-Plan deal. I'd love to go to a dealership with an X-Plan PIN and pick up an '03 for $32,600.00.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am a member of EAA which gives the X-Plan benefit to its members. Now, if you use the information I gave you above, you can generate yourself a pin #. Some dealers want verification that you're a member of the group you say you are, and I have a membership card from EAA, although my dealer has only asked 1 of the 4 times that I have bought a vehicle using X-Plan from them.

You can become a member of EAA for $40 a year, but they changed the rules about 1.5 years ago which made it necessary that all new members had to be a member for at least a year before they allowed you to have the X-Plan discount.

The thing is, you can become an EAA member now, then you can generate a pin # using the above method I requested, and if you're dealer asks for your membership i.d. just show them your card they gave you, as they don't check, and the above process isn't foolproof either. I don't understand why EAA thinks they can monitor this; they must not realize you can log in to FordDirect.com w/out having to go through their site like they ask you to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts