Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you hit the track yet??
Last night at E town 3 invited,3 said they would try to make it..
none showed up.............
I was dissapointed..:(

·
Registered
244 Posts
I said i would try, but its hard for me to get over there from work when i get out at 5, then its a good Hr and a half, if there is no traffic. So during the week is a pain for me, the weekends would work better. Sorry i couldn't make it uncle Jimmy.

Matt

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matt, I understand,,Pete has done atleast 15 KB kits..I am anxious to see some of these 600+ rwhp cars run up the track..
E town was packed last night and just 3 03 Cobra were running..
Harry, myself and a guy with a Black Coupe.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think we gotta look into renting a track like Pete was trying to do. I think that is the best way to get a gropu of 03's together and get many passes at the same time.

matt

·
Registered
117 Posts
JT said:
I could go, but it is hard to justify such a long trip when the do such a poor job with track prep. Do they do any track prep?

JT
Reading Harry's experience at the track..the answer unfortunately seems to be no.

G

·
JT said:
I could go, but it is hard to justify such a long trip when the do such a poor job with track prep. Do they do any track prep?

JT
Wasnt worth it guys....E town is a joke when it comes to street cars and prep. The just dont give a hoot and really seem to have an attitude also at times.

Smart move Franco in not running your car until you see whats up with the a/f.....

I had a post on here, but it got moved...actually had times and all...some thinking of technical questions on a/f being lean and headlight out might make it leaner...the topic sure wasnt far off at all from very similar posts from others and theirs are all still here. I wonder who moved it? :rolleyes:

So...I deleted it once it got moved.

Hot Rod(I did still love being at the track and hanging out)Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok,,Guys i understand,,Harry and i were slideing around last night.
Track rental is good idea..

·
Banned
572 Posts
Jimmy,
i was going but by the time i got home and found out no body was going to cecil it was to late to post that i would not be makeing it sorry
did you run ?

sean

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my03svtcobra said:
Jimmy,
i was going but by the time i got home and found out no body was going to cecil it was to late to post that i would not be makeing it sorry
did you run ?

sean
Yes i ran I got a traction Limited [email protected] 116 then going easy cause no traction i did [email protected]+ then [email protected]+

Going easy is better Harry found that out also..

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
Any of you hit the track yet??
Last night at E town 3 invited,3 said they would try to make it..
none showed up.............
I was dissapointed..:(
Well, you can't be talking about me. I told you that I wasn't going. Besides, RWP is too strict with running out of index.

I think Atco is a much better track and it's 300% closer for me too. Don't worry, Jim. The show's coming.

And while you are on the subject of anxious to see runs....when are you gonna throw that 9-second GT down the track??

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rich i knew you were not comming..Just thought someone would show..I was suprised when Harry came..He was in my lane and told me earlier he also was not comming.
when are you gonna throw that 9-second GT down the track??
10sec GT so far..
I should have it track ready in 2 weeks..
When i do i'll have something for you:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Race way park does a good job at prepping the track but when you are trying to hook a 500+ rwhp car regaurdless of what kind your going to spin and slide on stock radials. Wednesday nights are one of the best night to race b/c of the unmuffeled cars and big tired cars running. Good luck next time harry out with the car and all others :)

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Dustoff said:
Hey Jim my Kenne Bell Cobra is at Rhodes Custom with Ronny !!

Enough said..... :D :D :D
Jon,

Wow, I have so many questions, I can't type them all...

Ok heres a few:

Swing outs?
Swing out connection, Pins?
Chrome Moly?
Weld an eyelet to bolt the stock shoulder strap?
Through the rear panels or through the existing seat to trunk opening?
Coating?
Padding?

Are you planning to post pics when it's done?

JT

·
Registered
521 Posts
JT said:

JT
JT, you have a KB? Where the hell have I been. Also, any more news on possible visit out this way(honeymoon)? Later......BO

·
Registered
207 Posts
JT said:
Jon,

Wow, I have so many questions, I can't type them all...

Ok heres a few:

Swing outs?
Swing out connection, Pins?
Chrome Moly?
Weld an eyelet to bolt the stock shoulder strap?
Through the rear panels or through the existing seat to trunk opening?
Coating?
Padding?

Are you planning to post pics when it's done?

JT
JT---

Ron usually recommends to get no swing outs, but if he does, yes, they use nice pins to hold the swingouts there..

Yes, ron can do chrome moly, its about 300-400 more though, as the cost of the material is much more (he did my 99 cage in chrome moly)...

Ron almost ALWAYS welds 2 nice tabs on the cross bar behind the seats...You can use these tabs to attach your harness, and it works great, just go to home depot and get a nice grade 8 bolt...Also Ron will weld in a nice eyelit and bolt to the floor, in front of the driver seat to connect the bottom strap of a 5 point harness, also very nice and works well...

Rhodes does awesome work and you can't go wrong with them....

Jeff

·
Registered
142 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts