Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an 03 Cobra crate motor. I have the opportunity to purchase the entire hydroboost set-up, which would include hydroboost, lines, cooler, & 03 cobra rack. Will this rack work in my Fox (91') with AJE K-member? I spoke with Anthony @ AJE and he thought I would just have to trim some tie-rod and some of the threaded portion of the rack due to the 03 chassis about 2" wider than the fox. Is the angle the same to mate up with my steering column?

Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have not tried the 03 rack however I would be interested in the outcome. My suggestion would be to take some measurements and fit the rack to the k-member and shaft outside the car. If using the rack involves too much fabrication, you may opt to use the fox rack using Earl's braided line and power steering adapter fittings.

Let us know how it turns out.:hammer

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks

I'll see see how this package price comes out for the hydroboost components. Do you think I would have any 'leakage' problems going with braided lines & the fittings? I wouldn't think so, but just curious

Jeff

·
Registered
295 Posts
There should be no leakage problems, the lines I reccomended are some of the best available.
Hey Doc,
Just bringing this thread back to life & let you know I did use the 03 cobra rack in my fox swap. I ended up cutting about 3/4" of each threaded rod end and had Flaming river make up a shaft kit to mate my stock 91' steering shaft to the 03 rack. Basically they used their standard 87-93 power steering kit & substituted the vibration resistant 'pyramid' style adapter to the rack. It was within a 1/4"!! So I'm a happy man. Now I am just figuring out the lines & adapters. BTW, thanks for the input.
J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts