Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help. My 03 GT has a serious throttle response issue when its cold. 1st, 2nd, 3rd dont matter what gear, if its not warmed up and i push heavy on the gas it boggs down, sputters and jerks back and fourth. Once its warmed up it goes away. If im not mistaken my 98 ran a little rough until it got warmed up but it was nothing like this. I think something is wrong, how about you? Cold or not when i push that pedal down that car should go, i shouldnt have to ease into the gas when its cold.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive been having the problem since i got the car but it seems to be getting worse. just this morning i drove it home from a friends and it almost wouldnt move. even when going easy on the gas it was sputtering and bogging down. i blew a 02 sensor right after i put my catted h-pipe on and it acted the same way, im wondering if thats the case. but like i said its been doing it since i got it, before the complete exhaust got installed.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
help this guy out please!!!! my buddy is having the same problem and I cant seem to find out what is going wrong.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got my codes read. P0153. ow sensor bank 2 #1 slow responding. what should i do. should i just replace it? is it something with the long tube setup?

·
Registered
52 Posts
03 DSG GT said:
got my codes read. P0153. ow sensor bank 2 #1 slow responding. what should i do. should i just replace it? is it something with the long tube setup?
I had the same problem after I installed my LT's. I reset the computer a bunch of times. Finally I just left it alone and was going to pull my O2s and clean them and check the wiring. But after driving the car around for a week my SES light went away and hasn't come back on.

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
03 DSG GT said:
Swap the O2 sensors and see if the code switches to the other side. Then you will know that you should replace the O2 sensor. This happened to me on a GT with LT's and that was the cure.

gary

·
Registered
23 Posts
SVTyballz said:
Swap the O2 sensors and see if the code switches to the other side. Then you will know that you should replace the O2 sensor. This happened to me on a GT with LT's and that was the cure.

gary
damn i want a new cobra.. can you give me yours ? :king

1 - 8 of 8 Posts