Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm not ready to store it yet but I have a few questions. Just bought a new winter home for the 03, 24' enclosed cargo express trailer. Anyway, wondering about storing it for the winter. I know to disconnect the battery, but what else?? When I keep my toys at the house, I start them every months or so to give the battery a charge and make sure the seals don't dry out. Is 5 or 6 months enough time to worry about seals, gaskets, etc drying out or is that not a concern?? I'm also wondering about the tires flat spotting. How long does that take?? Am a same in a 5 month time frame or do I need to be moving this thing all winter?? I though about putting it up on jackstands in the trailer but that would be kinda a pia. Anyway, any help or advise would be mucho appreciated!! Thanks......

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Change the oil, fill it up with gas, and park it. It'll be fine.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
The battery, just charge it every 2-3 months. No need to start it.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
IWRBB said:
fill it up with gas
I live in Florida so we don't store jack for the winter, but I thought you would want to drain the tank not fill it. Do you just fill it and put a stabilizer in the tank run it for a little while to make sure the stabilizer mixes through the system and just leave it like that?

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys, good question toofast, anybody know??

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Go ahead and put in the stablizer. Then fill it up to mix it in good. You want to fill it to keep air out of the tank. You may get condensation in the tank that way. With the way these fuel sytems are sealed up though, who knows, it may not matter.

FWIW, I've read pump gas is normally good for over a year w/o going bad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've heard rags in the tail pipes and a box of baking soda in the interior to help absorb moisture. Thats what I do in addition to what everyone else said.
(my car has been a trailer queen for years)

·
Registered
375 Posts
KINGCOBRA said:
I've heard rags in the tail pipes and a box of baking soda in the interior to help absorb moisture. Thats what I do in addition to what everyone else said.
(my car has been a trailer queen for years)
I didn't know the 03 has been out for years. :confused: HeHe. J/K.
I would throw the baking soda in there for sure. I would get one of those "silent Rodent chasers" also. You wouldn't want mice chilling in your car. Def fill the tank up all the way. Condensation sucks. That is what I will be doing with my 03 for a few winter months. I wish the Lightning had a garage spot. :( Best of luck with the storage. -Mat-

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool part is, I don't have to worry about any of the moisture issues. That dosen't exist here in 20 percent humidity Colorado. Sounds like the consensus is that fill her up, maybe add some stabilizer and don't worry about the tires. Sounds easy enough!! It's not time to hibernate quite yet though!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry...have a '70 also. '03 is the same thing...just fuel injected. LOL:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts