Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

03Cobra Shootout coming up, how far have these cars came??? Numbers!!

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Dr. Jamie Meyer 
#1 ·
I was doing some searching over @ SVT Per. on last year's 03 Cobra shootout and how well alot of your guys cars were running, all of you know who you are. 03 Cobras were just getting started and the first tunes were out and alot was being discovered about these cars or was it??? I have noticed from those ET's and MPH's at Bowling Green last year are right inline or a little better than they are now a full year later, are the new tunes, idler pulleys, Big T/B all worth it, I am not so sure !!! Makes you wonder .

#2 ·
Trey,

I think you are missing one big factor. Most of the guys that did well at last year's event, are great drivers. And if many of them return for this years event, they will probably post better numbers.

Just buying more parts does not make you faster, if you can't use them the proper way.

#5 ·
I'd be happy if my car was running as good as last year. I need to figure out if it is the clutch, something else on the car, or something about the weather... I dunno...

JT

#6 · (Edited)
Good Point...
Idlers that may or may not work depending on the rest of the combo.Non Slip Pulleys...still slip...
All different types of spark plugs with gaps from 15 to 50
Cai's all about the same and everybody trying different filter.
The Blower(HEATON) is the restriction.
Anybody wanting to go faster(LOW11's) or even faster consistently...NEEDS a better BLOWER...
Most of us keep changing chit just to be back where we started from...This Pulley ,,That Pulley,,This CAI that CAI and without a major change,,NUTTIN GONNA HAPPEN!!

#9 ·
SO who all is gonna be there?? Everyone that attended last year that had or have 03's going again this year?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.