Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just want some input of what other people would do. i found a 03 cobra salvaged title for 10,900, its hit in the quarter and both bumpers r broke and needs a hood, good bags and no frame damage. it has 27k and the interior is mint. i found a guy who would fix it for 3000, but then i still gota have it inspected to get a r title. i figure for the price plus tax and title and to fix it ill have more into it then its worth, so i thought bout taking everything out of the cobra and putting it in the gt, motor, trans, computer, interior, fuel tank, pumps, and lines for 10,900 and sell everything that i dont use off the cobra like the irs and brakes and maybe rims, and ill sell my motor trans interior out of the gt all that stuff is like mint on the gt and only has 50k, so im just lookin for some input.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I actually have had the same idea from time to time. I just want to do it to make a DD. So I support it and would like to see how many people actually have done it and what it take also.:thanks:

·
Registered
889 Posts
I'm nearing the finish line with this being done to my 04' GT . I started from scratch . With no donor car, engine, or anything . I'll never do it again . As it was really expensive . But I got the best of the best parts including a Whipple for about the same price . Actually more . But I stopped counting . Just make sure and do your homework.
It was a pain in the ass . But it's worth it .

·
"Do Work"
1,646 Posts
I'm nearing the finish line with this being done to my 04' GT . I started from scratch . With no donor car, engine, or anything . I'll never do it again . As it was really expensive . But I got the best of the best parts including a Whipple for about the same price . Actually more . But I stopped counting . Just make sure and do your homework.
It was a pain in the ass . But it's worth it .
Got any pictures?

:dunno2:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Yes, but don't know how to post them . They're not that great . What's your email address ?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I would just put the motor and trans in and say screw the interior and sell all that stuff. If you did that you could make prolly half your money back from parting the rest of the car out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts