3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When should we expect them??

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From Ford's online Media Press Kits...

The 2004 Mustang has reduced wind noise thanks to expandable foam seals around the body, particularly the outside door handles and belt moldings on both doors.

For 2004, both V-6 and V-8 engines have improved refinement with stiffer accessory drive brackets and improved bearings to reduce variability.

Horsepower
Mach1
manual 310 hp @ 6000 rpm
auto 308 hp @ 5800 rpm

Torque
Mach1
manual 335 lb-ft @ 4200 rpm
auto 323 lb-ft @ 4750 rpm04 Mach changes

·
Registered
121 Posts
Production for the 04 Mach's are set to begin on 9/29. When it will actually begin is something else. I check on my order once a month(orderd 6/07/03), and date is still set for 9/29. My general manager will let me know if there is a change in status. I'll definately be in his office 9/29 to see if production actually started. If I were to take a guess, I would say the 04 Machs will start arriving sometime in late Nov.(just a guess)

·
Registered
13 Posts
SB03: What exactly are you checking on? Will the VIN be available before they are built? Just wondering because I'm waiting impatiently just like you :(

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Will be cool if they start building them the 29 th of this month..thats my big 40 birthday!

When were the 03 Mach 1's started in production?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Voodo ,

I am checking to see if there is any change in date on production status. Maybe the 9/29 date will change to an early start date.
Yes, vins are usally available before the car is built, once production starts,you have to keep on your selling dealership. They get updates on incomming vehicles on a regular basis, so once they get the vin, they should have no problem giving it to you.
Marlon

·
Registered
207 Posts
Is the extra HP/Torque because they actually DID something, or is it just a more realistic rating of what it has been making all along?

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I heard they did nothing....its just a more realistic rating......atleast for horsepower and torque that is. Other differences were stated somewhere here...interior sound deadening,better brackets for access.'s on the motor..etc...

·
Registered
53 Posts
HotRodHarry said:

When were the 03 Mach 1's started in production?
The official production date was 11-8-02...some guys have 11-7 build dates and I believe some VIP cars were made before that...

Mine was built 11-11-02, which with the weekend, was the 2nd official production day :king

·
Registered
924 Posts
I work for the vender that supplies Ford with the engine,trans and body mounts for the mach1 and I can tell you one thing we are producing alot of them right now. We also make all of the mounts that i mentioned before for the cobra and the lightning. And yes the compounds in the rubber are different between the svt products and the regular production vehicles that for makes.:blob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts