Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not the usual question, but close to it... I know they changed the design of the parking brake cable on the 05-06 and replaced it with a new one for 07+ due to the freezing issue among other things. Does anyone know if the 07+ will work on the 05-06?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure. Anyone have first hand experience with this?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Here is what Ford did to fix the problem, and the new part #'s for the cables ,not sure what the stock part # is for the 07 and up is .
TSB 06-5-4
03/20/06
PARK BRAKE CABLE FREEZING/REAR BRAKES DRAGGING
FORD:
2005-2006 Mustang ISSUE
Some 2005-2006 Mustangs built prior to 10/1/2005 may exhibit park brake cables that freeze in cold weather due to water intrusion, and subsequently not release. Under some conditions this could lead to dragging rear brakes. The rear sealing boot on the cable (located at the rear caliper attachment) could deteriorate prematurely which may permit water intrusion. In freezing temperatures this could bind the cable inside the casing, and not allow tension to be released from the caliper. ACTION
Inspect the park brake cable and system components. If the rubber sealing boots show signs of deterioration, replace both rear park brake cables. SERVICE PROCEDURE
1. Inspect the park brake cable rubber sealing boots for deterioration. a. Rubber sealing boots show signs of deterioration, go to Step 2. b. All other go to Workshop Manual for normal diagnostics. 2. Refer to Workshop Manual, Section 206-05 for park brake cable replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts