Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i had a Pioneer FH-P8000BT installed in my 08 Mustang with shaker 500 but now the stock doors woofers are not working. i have gone to some auto shops and ive been told that the only way i can get the door subs to work again is to connect them to an aftermarket amp. does this sound right to you guys?

ive seen this harness at crutchfield that will work but its 2 expensive so its not an option im willing to take (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127C2RFRD1/PAC-Ford-Radio-Replacement-Interface.html)

Also i have been planning to use my Mono channel Alpine MRP-M500 to connect a Kicker Comp 12" sub that has a power handling of 50-150 watts RMS. So if the auto shop guys are right do you think my Alpine amp is powerfull enough to power my 2 door subs and my kicker at the same time?
Im as noob as a person can get:dunno2: but i love my mustangs:rock:
thank you for ur time and help and patience.
:thanks:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey there! I'm new to the site but to let you know,I've been involved with car audio professionaly for about 12 years now. All you need is a 5v trigger to turn on the fatory amp to the door subs. The PAC module part number#TRUNK LOC will do that for you. If the voltage is to high,the amp will trigger but cause a NASTY pop when it turns on,too low and the amp won't turn on at all. We have used that EXACT part in my show for the last few years and it works perfectly with any aftermarket deck and a SHAKER500 system.

As for runnin the door speakers and the kiker sub at the same time:DON'T. It will sound crappy and you'll actually end up getting less power to the Kicker than it would running by itself. The Alpine will give you about 300 rms just running the Kicker. If you connect the door subs,the amp will put out more power but then it's divided between the 3 speakers,resulting is less to the 12". Those factory subs are also quite power handling limited,so there's a good chance you'd kill them in about a week.

Hope that helps.

Russ

·
Registered
9 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
19 Posts
what do i connect the rcas from the stock stuff to the back of my avic f900bt? the subwoofer is were it was but now my l7 12 is there

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts