Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im tryin to break into the 13's and so far have'nt, my best is a 14.3 @ 99.6 mph, all i have done is a FIPK2, my sixty on that run was 2.4X even tho i had a bad 60 should i not trap higher than that?

on this run i shifted with the throttle to the floor and a spun like i had popped the clutch in first..... how do you guys manage to click 13's in your stock GT's.

i can drive fairly well , my shiftin is more than fast enough i just cant seem to launch this thing good enuff for a 2.0-2.1 60 foot any tips??

·
Registered
131 Posts
i get 2.1's in my slow ass car by tackin' it to 4 grand and riding the shit out of the clutch. if you smell the clutch you did it right if not try again.even if you can get a 2.2 you will get in the 13's

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well, the best 60' I ever got on street tires was 2.01s and had a 9.03 1/8mi. This should have been a hight 13 in the 1/4. The problem was I was spinning badly through second with alot of feathering.

This was basically bogging the car off the line from about 1800 and NOT slipping the clutch. Drag radials will get you into the mid to high 1.8's.

Slicks or ET streets will net you 1.7's and if you lucky 1.6's. What slicks will also give you is positive traction on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift.

If you want to get 13's and maybe even some 12's with weight reduction........get an o/r H, shifter, u/d pullies, slicks and launch at 6000rpm.

Sig check.

·
Registered
2 Posts
03GT said:
im tryin to break into the 13's and so far have'nt, my best is a 14.3 @ 99.6 mph, all i have done is a FIPK2, my sixty on that run was 2.4X even tho i had a bad 60 should i not trap higher than that?
Your mph is actually pretty impressive for only having a FIPK2. Get your 60' down with the above advice and you'll see 13's.

Mike

·
Registered
131 Posts
yeah your mph is good i run 14.7's & 14.8's with 2.1x 60's only at 91 or 92 my highest mph ever is only 92.43 on a 14.83 w/ 2.158. yeah i know my car is slow but it's still fun to beat on it at the track. plus the practive gets those 60's down.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Practice on those 60' times like the others said. You will likely see quicker times within a few months with no other changes simply due to cooler air - this heat is a killer on qtr times!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts