Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Alan I will answer the Qes, same mods as 1/4 mile et.
Just gear it diff. And spin the shir out of the blower, If you want the fastest et. Ice tank, for blower,
sorry I forgot I've raced both 1/8 and 1/4 mile tracks both are fun , my past 1/8 mile et 130mph, with my 90 lx.

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
7.20 @ 98.7 in the 1/8

Rob with that killer 1/8 mile where is the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
69 Posts
F8LBITE said:
7.20 @ 98.7 in the 1/8

Rob with that killer 1/8 mile where is the 1/4 mile.
Waiting for the 1/4 mile tracks to open I guess. We haven't had a 1/4 track open within 300 miles of here since I ran that number. Our tracks open back up the first week of March. Hopefully I'll be able to back it up.

BTW, sounds like you've got a strong running car also.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I can tell you my old ones from last year, these are the slower ones, 6.80 @ 101 60ft 1.58 Again these are not the new times .
I will post them next month. nitro

·
Registered
69 Posts
nitrous pete said:
I can tell you my old ones from last year, these are the slower ones, 6.80 @ 101 60ft 1.58 Again these are not the new times .
I will post them next month. nitro
Hey Pete, you said your 10.99 pass was a 7.05 @ 100. What was the 6.80 @ 101 pass in the 1/4?? I guess I never heard about it. I thought 10.99 was your fastest pass from last year?

Thanks.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Oops forgot that one, I have a pile of them. Time slips . Hard to believe ha ! If I end up in fl you will see , 6.7 1/8 109mph
hope to better that, Just hope they will let us race. Look foward to seeing all you there. peace nitro

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Rob Raymer said:
Hey Pete, you said your 10.99 pass was a 7.05 @ 100. What was the 6.80 @ 101 pass in the 1/4?? I guess I never heard about it. I thought 10.99 was your fastest pass from last year?

Thanks.
Things have been quiet around here. I see the doubters are back. Maybe the site will get fired up again.

Pete, I can't wait for the magazine to come out. I want to see what mud people will attempt to dig up to sling when the facts are in print.

JT

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Yeah, the feeling that I'm getting from Pete's posts....the cover of MM&FF for this feature article should be:

VINDICATION

:D :cool:

·
Registered
69 Posts
JT said:
Things have been quiet around here. I see the doubters are back. Maybe the site will get fired up again.

Pete, I can't wait for the magazine to come out. I want to see what mud people will attempt to dig up to sling when the facts are in print.

JT
Interesting you call me a "doubter" JT. When did I EVER say I "doubted" anything about his time? All I said was, I wasn't aware he had bettered his 10.99 last year (which is when he said he ran a 6.80). God forbid anyone would ask Pete a question about his times or mods. Talk about "mud slinging"....I just asked a friggin' question. :rolleyes:

Being the track officienado you are JT, I thought even you realized a 6.80 didn't equal 10.99. So what's wrong with me asking what the 6.80 passed netted? Now Pete says there was also a 6.7 @ 109....so I'm also curious what that netted in the 1/4. 10.4-10.5 @ 135+??? Obviously not an all motor run, but still very impressive.

For the record, here's where I got that info:

Jim V. said:
Sat Nov 16, 2002 1:55 pm Post subject: IRS 03 Cobra goes 10.99

60 ft time: 1.562
1/8 mile ET: 7.057
1/8 mile MPH: 99.30
1/4 mile ET: 10.99
1/4 mile MPH: 124.33

Well, Pete put a larger set of drag radials on today...315 Nittos this time..on the stock rims...he wanted to try all he could to get in the 10s with drag radials, no nitrous and the stock independant rear....he did it tonight at 9:05 pm !!! At Atco New Jersey.... 10.99 !!! at alittle over 124 mph !!! He still had to baby that automatic out, but it got done. So these 03 Cobras can go 10's with the stock rear and drag radials! Full Rollcage,interior,stock rims and all too. And yes...he drives her to the track with a bigtime(heavy too) stereo system in there. These cars are just awesome!! Stock cams,heads,mass air,injectors,blower...just amazing! Jim V.
I have no doubt at all Pete's car can run those times. Just because I didn't tell anyone my car went 6.37 @ 111 doesn't mean it didn't.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Rob Raymer said:
Interesting you call me a "doubter" JT. When did I EVER say I "doubted" anything about his time? All I said was, I wasn't aware he had bettered his 10.99 last year (which is when he said he ran a 6.80). God forbid anyone would ask Pete a question about his times or mods. Talk about "mud slinging"....I just asked a friggin' question. :rolleyes:

Being the track officienado you are JT, I thought even you realized a 6.80 didn't equal 10.99. So what's wrong with me asking what the 6.80 passed netted? Now Pete says there was also a 6.7 @ 109....so I'm also curious what that netted in the 1/4. 10.4-10.5 @ 135+??? Obviously not an all motor run, but still very impressive.
Rob,
You were doing what you always do, the subtle dig, the subtle doubt. The run above was the first 10 by an '03 on IRS. He later did better, but since the first 10 had happened, it wasn't that big of a deal.

JT

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey a lot goes on here, I do forget things no dought . I can say this ,Nothing here is bullshit, I always tell the truth, I do mix shit up. sorry for that , Rob you a sharp person , with your guess :)
Please dont ask till the mag. comes out . and yes the times are correct the 7.05 at 100 , but there is another run , I cant let all my shit out, Do you ? I will also say you are on the ball Rob.
No one els caught that , peace

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hell NO , maby with a good 60ft, not these cars , I wish !
vic demone jr said:
HOLY S H I T !

thats like a 9.60 isnt it?

·
Registered
69 Posts
JT said:
Rob,
You were doing what you always do, the subtle dig, the subtle doubt. The run above was the first 10 by an '03 on IRS. He later did better, but since the first 10 had happened, it wasn't that big of a deal.

JT
JT, you are doing what you always do...speaking up for people that can speak for themselves! Since when did you become able to read someone's attitude/true meaning in what they type? I asked a simple question, and all I wanted was a simple answer....not you to start a bunch of shit and put words in my mouth!

Secondly, I'm pretty sure I have followed every single post Pete has made. And NEVER has Pete posted that he bettered his 10.99 last year. In fact, every time he posted after that, there were always problem with the track (traction, temperature, etc). If he did better, great! But I never saw it. Which was why I asked the original question.

Now, I still haven't gotten an answer to my question. And if Pete doesn't want to answer, I have no problem with that. 6.80 does not equal 10.99. I'd like to know what the 6.80 netted him last year. And FYI JT, I would think that a 10.7 (which is what a 6.80 should be) is definitely worthy of being considered a "big deal".

1 - 20 of 27 Posts