Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Beware of SMM Performance Parts

94K views 358 replies 41 participants last post by  justtryingtoletpeopleknow 
#1 ·
I ordered an exhaust kit, sent payment electronically 2/5 was told the parts were shipped...NOT. I requested the tracking number several times but Scott McKinney could never poduce it. Sent e-mails, called and sent faxes cancelling the order but no response. I filed a complaint with the BBS; we'll see how this turns out.
Stay away from SMM Performance Parts!

#107 ·
Hello All,

I am Beth with mpsracing.com. I have never posted in a forum but feel compelled to do so now. First and foremost I want to thank you all (especially BlownCobraGirl) for the pages of entertainment. We too are having problems with Scott McKinney. We are on the other side though. We are a vendor he lists on his website. He ordered product, paid via credit card, received said product, and proceeded to chargeback his credit card charge. We have multiple emails from him ranging from promising to resolve the matter to threatening us. Surprise, surprise! I am just sorry so many consumers have had bad Internet commerce experiences with this guy. As you know most of us in the motorsports industry are honest and trustworthy.

#108 ·
Beth, sorry to hear about your dealings with Scotty boy! I filed complaints with the IN AG, BBB, IC3, Rip off report and tried to get the local police involved. Please file a complaint.

#109 ·
We have had the chargeback overturned and received word today it is being sent to arbitration. I have informed the chargeback department ( and cc'd Scott) that we will seek crimanal and civil prosecution if it is not resolved. i am just sorry that consumers are also being troubled.

#111 ·
I am wondering where all this money he is stealing is going. I don't understand. He takes people's money and runs. WHERE DOES IT ALL GO? I guess I'll find out on the next court date. He has to show proof of ALL income and vehicle values and tax info last year, EVERYTHING finacially will come out. So we'll see. If he doesnt show up, they put a warrant out for his arrest. I'll be sure to call 911 and report a vehicle driving erratically the next time I see him. Hopefully he'll get stopped and see he has a warrant.... :dance4:

I'm ready for him..... :aggressive:

Any tips on how to get my money????

#113 ·
Yeah, I looked into that. Its called a writ of attachment or a till tap. The sheriff can go to his place of residence and take stuff of his and sell it to pay me. Wouldn't that suck!?

Since (last i heard) he is living with his grandma again, I don't think she would like that too well.

#114 ·
Scotty should have thought of the consequences before he stole peoples money and lied about it. Let him explain to his Grandma why the sheriff is taking her stuff.

#115 ·
I don't know if we will have the opportunity to get our money from this guy. After reading many, many forums it seems there are a ton of angry (and not afraid to prove it) people out in cyberspace and Valparaiso. I would appreciate it if Andrew_Porter could let me know if he knows a Kevin B. associated with McKinney? If I were more forum savey I would contact him directly but don't know how (stickin newbie!)

#117 ·
I filed charges today with Valpo PD. They were very professional and receptive. I would suggest anyone owed money do the same. There is power in numbers. Unfortunately we will probably never see our money or product again but at least I did what I could to minimize his number of victims.

#118 ·
i Filed Charges Today With Valpo Pd. They Were Very Professional And Receptive. I Would Suggest Anyone Owed Money Do The Same. There Is Power In Numbers. Unfortunately We Will Probably Never See Our Money Or Product Again But At Least I Did What I Could To Minimize His Number Of Victims.
Thank You!

Let Us All Keep Trying To Raise Awarness Of This Crook!!!

#120 ·
I talked to the detective today and filed a complaint. Hope the local agencies can get together and take care of this problem!

#121 ·
There have got to be so many complaints and reports filed on him. I can't believe the police won't do anything about him. :dumb:

#122 ·
He changed his number and is on the move... no one knows how or where to find him. There is also rumor that his tahoe "disappeared"

He's on the run boys and girls and he's taking all of our money with him.:mad2:

#124 ·
He would probably be better off turning himself in for his own safety. Got this feelin he is liable to run into one of his high dollar customers and meet the buisiness end of something I'm sure no one would want to experience. Like they say, you can run, and you can hide for only so long, then???????????oops.

#126 ·
Details?

#128 ·
Yep, I got a call this afternoon saying Scotty got to wear the metal bracelets! One for the good guys!!

#129 ·
Grandma must have posted his bail. Hope she didn't put her house up as collateral. That SB would probably run and let her lose it. Guys like that have No conciense. I know from experience, I have a bro......errr a blood relative just like him.

#130 ·
You are right.... he had a joint bank account with his name as well as his parents name on it. It was used for their other business "smm enterprises" and he drained it of $20k+. I am not sure of exact details, but he got kicked out of the house needless to say. Yes, it was legal, but, moral? That was to his own parents. Just imagine what he would do to ev' .... oooops, too late... YEAH, HE ALREADY PROVED IT!

#132 ·
Smm

You know what you are all right to be upset, but also realize this is a kid. He was once a good kid too and saying all this stuff isnt going to change anything. This is a kid that is more than likely going to locked up for sometime and wont be able to spend time with his family like you are. I am not making excuses for him, but I think it was a case of a young kid trying to fit in sometime ago and everyone liked him when he had money so he had to keep up with that persona. He was WRONG for what he did and I am sure justice will be served. He was trying to make a name for himself and he went about it the wrong way, totally wrong I know.

He is still in jail, no bond has been set so let him deal with what he has done, there is no more need to throw names around.

Also on this thread somewhere back there was something about him having a collapsed lung, yes that was true, he did almost die at that time. Just so you know that was not a lie.

Its done..........

#167 ·
You know what you are all right to be upset, but also realize this is a kid. He was once a good kid too and saying all this stuff isnt going to change anything. This is a kid that is more than likely going to locked up for sometime and wont be able to spend time with his family like you are. I am not making excuses for him, but I think it was a case of a young kid trying to fit in sometime ago and everyone liked him when he had money so he had to keep up with that persona. He was WRONG for what he did and I am sure justice will be served. He was trying to make a name for himself and he went about it the wrong way, totally wrong I know.

He is still in jail, no bond has been set so let him deal with what he has done, there is no more need to throw names around.

Also on this thread somewhere back there was something about him having a collapsed lung, yes that was true, he did almost die at that time. Just so you know that was not a lie.

Its done..........
1) damn right i have the right to be upset. he owes me $6,000!!

2)"this is a kid" - HE'S OVER 18

3) his family doesnt like him anyways - heard it from his own dad "my son is the biggest turd"

4) young kids are under 13

5) I would like him if he was poor and wasnt a theif - he's funny as hell and a lot of fun to be around

6) there is a need to throw names around until i get my money

7) wtf?! who gives a shit that he had a collaped lung? it was from a loud ass stereo... has nothing to do with him stealing stuff...

8) its not "done" until all of us are PAID OUR LOSSES BECAUSE OF HIM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.