Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Beware of SMM Performance Parts

94K views 358 replies 41 participants last post by  justtryingtoletpeopleknow 
#1 ·
I ordered an exhaust kit, sent payment electronically 2/5 was told the parts were shipped...NOT. I requested the tracking number several times but Scott McKinney could never poduce it. Sent e-mails, called and sent faxes cancelling the order but no response. I filed a complaint with the BBS; we'll see how this turns out.
Stay away from SMM Performance Parts!

#136 ·
You are obviously insane to think he doesn't deserve everything that is being said about him here.

I guess you don't work hard for your money, do you? You probably just hand 100 dollar bills out on a street corner. Well FYI, unlike you, most people work hard for their money and don't want it STOLEN from them by some ****ing 'kid'. He is a thief, liar, and con-artist and you aren't any better than him if you feel the need to defend his actions with a lame excuse.

Oh poor Scott. We should absolve him since he's just a kid trying to make a name for himself. Boo-hoo. :mellow:
EXCUSE ME?.............. I do work hard for my money, I have raised my kids on my own and I dont think you have the right to judge me at all. I only said move on, hes in jail and its over. If you read what I said "I dont blame people for being mad, or telling anyone that he ripped anyone off". Did he ever personally rip you off? Dont think I saw where you posted he did, do you even know him, well no you dont since you dont live here. So what does any of it matter to you anyway? You go around basically calling someone a ho you best be ready to back it up and from what I can tell I dont know you and you dont know me so back off.

You know if this is how you treat someone new, you are just as bad as you all are saying he is............

#139 ·
Ok so a threat of a law suit with SMM gives your wife the right to say what she did to me? "I just got handed 100 bucks on the street corner" ? I was just saying justice will be served thats all, nothing more. I have known the kid a long time, he wasnt always like this. Not a big deal, glad to know that everyone is intitled to their opinion like you said. Like I said in my 1st post HE WAS WRONG, HE IS IN JAIL.

#142 ·
Megan is a fake name I made a long time ago to get info off of myspace for my son who had a kid that he was testifing against....... I am in my 40's have 2 adult children please, you think you know me but you really dont

Megan,

Street corner was just an analogy, but you probably wouldn't understand since you are only 17 years old. I could have said Starbucks, it doesn't matter.

At 17, what do you know about raising your kids? You are just a Scotty loving poser.

Here's Megan's Myspace...
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=189086188

I am almost 17 and I live somewhere in Indiana. I love to ride dirt bikes, go camping and paintballing! I am good at almost everything I try and if im not I work at it til I am :). I have 2 brothers and 1 sister.

LOL

#143 ·
I am sure I would, but that doesnt mean that I am not allowed to voice my opinion. I am not saying what anyone went through was right at all. I know he did people wrong, never denied it not for a second. But life is too short to go around and bad mouth people and be mad all the time.

What he did was wrong no doubt and I feel bad for anyone he did wrong to, it isnt right I agree 100%. All I was saying is he is in jail and justice will be served.

I just said he wasnt always like this and to me its sad to see what he has become, not that it changes what he did in the least.

#147 ·
I thought I would voice my opinion, you can delete them all for all I care. I was just looking through things about him and saw this site. I guess you can look at it this way, hes in jail, he wont be paying anyone money he owes and he wont be scamming anyone either. I really never meant to get into all of this thats for sure and I never thought I would be bashed for having an opinion that wasnt any different than anyone elses, it was just worded in a different way.

#149 ·
I see the big picture trust me I do. It says "Trader Discussions Scammer Warnings | Disputes | Positive / Negative Feedback", but if anyone were to disagree with you they would be wrong and called a poser, insane and be accused of not working hard for their money and comments are made like " I just got 100 standing on the street corner", which I think was totally uncalled for when I said nothing wrong to begin with, I actually agreed with what everyone was saying, just wanted to know if the name calling was really something that was needed, but I guess now knowing how you all are it is. He stole money and ripped people off-yes this is a fact, but if you are trying to keep things professional and not be like him the names should stop. I know you will continue to do things your way, fine by me. I would just hate to be anyone who may voice something you dont agree with and get their a** chewed for it.

Never said anything about sweeping it under the rug either, please dont put words in my mouth

#150 ·
GrwnnIN, you're the one putting words in people's mouths. BlwnCobraGirl said "I guess you don't work hard for your money, do you? You probably just hand 100 dollar bills out on a street corner." I never read that as a street corner whore reference. I'm not sure of the reasons you feel the need to defend Scott but I know the reason I am keeping it going. I speak to at least one person a day needing contact information to report their losses. My goal is to unite all his victims and get all of us our money back as well as keeping him in jail.

#154 ·
If it were not for people, such as the ones on this board, and others, Quite Possibly guys like Scotty would continue to perpetrate crimes such as this without regard to others. ONCE AGAIN I APPLAUD Eric and Elisa! If it were not for them I too would have become a Victim. Some would not act only because of the additional expences involved, others because of just not knowing what to do. Then there are those who would have evetually sought him out. There is an old saying and being in your 40s I'm sure you've heard it. "If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, be assured it is a duck". So to put in simpler terms, and you can quote Me on this, If he "Acts like a THEIF, Conspires like a THEIF, and STEALS like a THEIF, then be assured he is a THEIF"! Soon enough he will be convicted of being a THEIF, and trying to use his age and social standing as an excuse is simply adding insult to injury. As far as Scotty being a Good Boy once, I'm sure he was. As with ALL CRIMINALS, they too were GOOD boys or girls at one time or another.............Until they discovered and were tempted to make a FAST BUCK. I do beleive and live by the saying: Get greedy, get stupid, get caught. He got caught.

#156 ·
AND I personally Thank You as well. Saved me some HARD EARNED money that I WORK for. I have to literally drive thousands of miles every week [ OTR TRUCKER] for vitually peanuts, with todays economy in order to pay normal bills and hopefully with little leftover, to try and enjoy my hobby. To simply get Hustled by Scott or anyone else............well all I will say is I could be there sooner than later.

#157 ·
I am not his aunt, just someone who has known him for awhile. All I stated was he infact he did rip people off and did wrong, why am I getting my head chewed off for that? You say you want to do the right thing by warning people about him, fine do that, I just simply wanted to know why if you all are trying to do the right thing and be professional why you would allow name calling, does it make what he did worse? No it doesnt, does it get you your money back, no it doesnt.

I in no way defend what he has done in anyway

Also in any part of the world when you make a reference to a street corner and making money it is about a ho or a drug dealer, I am in fact neither one. I have worked since I was 14 and like I said raised 2 kids on my own. I take offense when someone makes a comment like that towards me, when any person with a 1/2 brain knows what it meant or was in reference to.

It seems like you all have your little "gang" and if anyone wants to join you are offended by a different point of view or make a simple suggestion like maybe stopping the names, not the discussion of what he did to you or anyone else. Tell me one place where I said he was right???

You all are too judgemental and quick to throw words around. I think it was me that said "hes in jail and justice will be served" I think I have been more in agreement with all of you and you have been against me because I just mentioned maybe stopping the name calling. Oh well I am over it..again I am sorry to have said anything at all

#159 ·
I am not his aunt, just someone who has known him for awhile. All I stated was he infact he did rip people off and did wrong, why am I getting my head chewed off for that?

I in no way defend what he has done in anyway

Also in any part of the world when you make a reference to a street corner and making money it is about a ho or a drug dealer, I am in fact neither one. I have worked since I was 14 and like I said raised 2 kids on my own. I take offense when someone makes a comment like that towards me, when any person with a 1/2 brain knows what it meant or was in reference to.

It seems like you all have your little "gang" and if anyone wants to join you are offended by a different point of view or make a simple suggestion like maybe stopping the names, not the discussion of what he did to you or anyone else. Tell me one place where I said he was right???

You all are too judgemental and quick to throw words around. I think it was me that said "hes in jail and justice will be served" I think I have been more in agreement with all of you and you have been against me because I just mentioned maybe stopping the name calling. Oh well I am over it..again I am sorry to have said anything at all
:no:

Let me say this, cause I have followed this SMM ripoff through many forums.

First off, you come on here making more excuses for Scotty about a collapsed lung, and whatnot. Maybe his collapsed lung was bad Karma for taking tens of thousands of dollars from people.

You say you are not defending him, but you are upset people are calling him names, boo hoo!! You are not going to change the victims opinions.

It is this clear, Scott lied about delivering products to people for big amounts of money. Regardless of his health, he still had the well being to hustle people out of money by lying to them.

Put yourself in the buyers shoes, if someone came over and stole your car, would you bake them a cake?? I think not. Would you call them names, more than likely!! When you RIP someone off, they are not going to be happy, and they may even call you bad names, i would say he is lucky thats all that happened so far.

Scotty choose to rip people off, and if people call him names, so what. Nobody twisted his arm to take the peoples money, he knew darn well what he was doing. When you play with others money that they worked HARD for, you can expect people will not be "happy" with you.

When he chose to rip pople off, he should have thought about the consequences.

Justice will not be served, till people if/when get their money back. And thats the bottom line.

#158 ·
In my Opinion, I think you are taking the statement [handed a $100.00 dollar bill on the corner] Waaaay out of context. If a dumb ole truck driver like myself can see that, then I'm sure others can as well. For some reason you seem to be getting very defensive about this. Second, Let me set you straight about the "Gang". Erik and Elisa would and will come down on ANYONE, albeit Vendor or Member, if something is just not right. They are not singleing out Scott. They also afford any accused the opportunity to reply and or defend their actions without judgement, as will they make sure to the best of their ability that an accuser be able to justify their accusations. I have seen this in many prior posts. This site is by far a community of enthusiasts that enjoy a Hobby. People here range from blue collar workers to Professionals, not to mention some of the most known and Respected names in the industry. All I would do, and this is only a suggestion, read and UNDERSTAND, what has been done, and what is being Said. If you choose to Over read, or read things into a statement that is not intended, then just ask for a clarification. No One here will deny you that. Furthermore the opinion here is solely mine, nor should it be constued as a representation of this site. I am not affiliated with this site on a buisiness level or on any level, OTHER than by being a MEMBER that has avoided being VICTIMISED through information and KNOWLEDE provided by OTHER MEMBERS as well as staff. Like I stated earlier, not everyone here is stupid, and some of us do learn from others, through knowledge and objectivity. Sorry to rant, I'm done, and yes, I do feel sorry for Scott, BUT, I feel worse for those who have been VICTIMIZED BY HIM. I will say a prayer him and ask the good Lord to show him the wrong of his ways and show him the way..........
AFTER he pays for what he has done.

#160 ·
Again I NEVER said what he did was right..............What is the problem?
I NEVER defended him, except by saying he was not always like this.
Why do you want to pick and pick at something I never said?

I also feel bad for the people he did wrong to, never said anything different.

I guess just saying a few words makes you wrong if you are new, dont worry, I am not welcome and I am done.

#161 ·
Again I NEVER said what he did was right..............What is the problem?
I NEVER defended him, except by saying he was not always like this.
Why do you want to pick and pick at something I never said?

I also feel bad for the people he did wrong to, never said anything different.

I guess just saying a few words makes you wrong if you are new, dont worry, I am not welcome and I am done.
You say you are not defending him, however.

You start by saying he is kid
Then you start about how he was not like that as a kid, then
He had a collapsed lung, then
We are calling him names, then
Justice is served he is in jail.

Maybe I am strange, but, IMHO, I would call that defending him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.