Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Beware of SMM Performance Parts

94K views 358 replies 41 participants last post by  justtryingtoletpeopleknow 
#1 ·
I ordered an exhaust kit, sent payment electronically 2/5 was told the parts were shipped...NOT. I requested the tracking number several times but Scott McKinney could never poduce it. Sent e-mails, called and sent faxes cancelling the order but no response. I filed a complaint with the BBS; we'll see how this turns out.
Stay away from SMM Performance Parts!

#2 ·
I am glad you are saying something. I have been all over the internet trying to make people aware of who this scam artist is. I used to work for him. He takes people's money and runs. I watched him do it daily. If you need any further information about this person and his business. Please let me know. Thank you!

#3 ·
I'm very sorry to hear that guys. I hate when stuff like this happens. At least if it's one of our Vendors, I can get involved. 99BlkCobraVert, you really should dispute the charges on your credit card, I don't think it's too late. Best of luck to you guys.
It would be wise to not let him become a vendor. He puts on a great show when he's talking to you.

#5 ·
one.... himself (20 yr old living in a duplex)

no store at all.... He wakes up when he feels like it and only answers the phone when he feels like it. When I worked for him, he lived at his grandmother's house. I would go over there every morning and have to wake him up at 9:00am.

The address he does give is a UPS store where he gets his mail.

Any other questions? I'll be glad to answer them!:bigwink:

#7 ·
I know....

He worked for his parents at their house. To make a long story short, He emptied their business bank account and put it in his own. He started his own business called SMM Performance vs SMM Enterprises. He switched all the phone numbers to his current one and basically put his parents out of business.....

Needless to say, he is not very welcomed by his own family. His parents kicked him out then moved in with his grandma (where i worked) and then got kicked out of there.... He's a real punk.

#9 ·
I would be happy to take that request just as soon as Scott McKinney gets my money refunded. It's been about 2 months. He sends a random e-mail every few weeks, but hasn't addressed the refund.

STAY AWAY from this company!

#11 ·
You might want to consider filing a criminal complait with the DA's office. In TX I believe it'e called "Theft By Deception", May also look into "Internet Fraud" charges. Hope this helps. Too many scumbags out there, sorry bout the language but people like this deserve everything they get.

#15 ·
Like I said.... If anyone needs some help, let me know. I'll help out my fellow car guys/gals any time. My whole goal is to make this guy known and let all of you know not to buy from him because of the risk of not getting product after paying.

:usflag:God Bless Karma.... It's all coming back to him shortly....:salut:

#16 ·
How about a few of you locals pay this guy a visit and explain that we don't do business this way.

#19 ·
I tried to get eBay involved, but since I didn't purchase through an auction they were no help.

#28 ·
JOKE! I am chevy fan. Sorry....

The only Ford I would ever buy is an 03-04 Cobra from a 70 year old man with less than 10,000 miles on it. Otherwise, you know it has been beaten its whole life. PLUS, I don't have the money.

#31 ·
So, Andrew, what's Scotty up to these days? His site is still parked and eBay kicked him off. Where is he poaching for his next victim?

#32 ·
Last thing I heard was that he is working at VSI (performance auto store). I guess he's not supposed to be running his business anymore while he's working there, but I think he is. The other thing I heard was that he used another employee. He used them for their paypal account and to make a long story short, he screwed them out of $3000. He just doesn't stop. He also borrowed some money from one of my freinds ($1000) and he hasn't paid him back. I told both of them that you will never see your money.

The only way I'm expecting to see my money is after court and I'll probably only get $20/month or something stupid like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.