67 fastback with 5.4 GT500 motor project - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

im doing the same conversion same front same rear suspension hiedts front martz rear four bar and a gt-500 engine but ill be putting a kenee bell on mine and runing it with a big stuff 3

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

For those interested in a update, I've been delayed with our recent damage from the recent hurricane (IKE) but have since began mapping out plans for the EFI wirring, fuse panel, and PCM location that will most benifit my application. I have gutted all unuseable wirring from the Lightning harness I have and is really coming out nicely. I've also been planning out the radiator, condensor, trans cooler, heat exchanger setup along with plans for fabbing a intercooler resivour before I do the remaining body work under the hood. Ill submit some pics of the harness after I get it layed out.

Man im so jealous,growing up a 67 fastback was all i wanted,then when i got to the age to get one,the prices on'em were to high,VERY NICE build so far im glad to see it getting done so well!

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

I think I'm going to be running TCI's front suspension and steering combo and 3 link rear suspension...but I'll be using air ride...I just can't get over when those 67's are laying on the ground like that, too sweet.
    Are you using the stock oil pan? What have been your biggest clearance issues? I'm so jealous of those headers...nice job! I bet you have some hours of labor invested! Keep us updated!!!
    Jon

jonw605,
    Thanks for the header compliment. I think these cars do look good laying low. If I had the funds I would love to put 17's or 18's on it and lower it some more. Definatly fill in the rear wheel wells since its mini tubed.

As far as the oil pan, yes its a stock '05 up mustang 4.6 pan. The shelby pan is the same, just doesnt have the oil temp sensor provision on the rt side sump.

My clearance issues have been more than I expected. Beside the obvious shock towers, the master/hydroboost had to be moved a full 2" closer to the fender than what I had with my 460. Had to build a new mount, modify the pedal support and rebuild the brake pedal to work. Also the Oil pan had to be cut to allow the engine to sit low like I wanted as well as raise the trans tunnel to clear the rediculously huge tranny Im running.

wowsers

Awesome project bro.

It's been a while so Here are some updated pics. I mocked up 99% of the wirring, fitted the radiator, condensor, HE, and cooler before pulling the motor and painting the eng compartment. Im putting the motor together now and powder coating a few items before it goes back in. I feel like im finally getting somewhere
    Attached Images Attached Images     

I was wondering how tight the steering was going to be when I saw the first pic, That's a very tight fit. That thing looks like it is going to be quite nice when you get done. What are you planning for your hood?

coming along nicely
    Last edited by SVTBlaine; 12-15-2008 at 12:18 PM. Reason: wrong poster

Im using a stock height 67 shelby hood. Everything fits with plenty of room besides the throttle body. I had to cut and reposition the adapter that the TB is attached to and weld it up. I'll possibly post a pic of that this evening.

More updated pics:

and more...

Senior Member Array

Nothing like designing a better than, Shelby!
    Excellent project!

I am going Old School with a twist. '69 fastback EFI 427 side-oiler turbo.
    6-speed tranny.

Please keep the pictures coming!

Eric

Well it's been awhile so I figured I would update. Got the wirring complete, full stainless 3" exh run, intake pipe, cooling system built, hydroboost sorted out, and fuel system finished.

I ended up building my own fuel rails out of fuel rail stock. I already had the inj port machining tool left over from my 460 rails I built. I also had to cut and reposition the TB elbow to clear the hood and install an IAC flange since I did away with the dive-by-wire system.

It's runnning good with a start up tune from PSI Motorsports, but still need to build my intercooler tank, a/c lines, finish some minor underhood details and get started on some body work before I get it to PSI for some dyno tuning!

18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last