Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took our shop car out to Famoso raceway in bakersfield california for a private rental, we ended up making our best pass to date towards the endo of the day after some suspension adjustaments and shift point chages. Drag times shows 1807ft of DA at the time of the run. Previously we had taken the car to our local 1/8 mile track irwindale raceway in stock trim ([email protected] ), and then with a cold air, tune, exhaust and 18" drag radials([email protected]). We have had plans with this car since the beginning and already have a Procharger F1C, boss heads, new 5.0 block, and new stock crank on the shelf waiting to be assembled. But for now we are having some fun with the stock motor in n/a trim. The car is a base model 2012 GT auto and has pretty much the most popular bolts on we have been installing on our customer cars.

Engine parts list:

JLT Cold air
Ford racing 90mm TB
Ford racing Boss intake manifold
BBK long tubes with catted h-pipe
Magnaflow 3" exhaust
Muscle Motors Tune
Circle D 3800 stall converter

Suspension parts list

Axle exchange aluminum driveshaft
ford racing 3.73 gears
Eaton true trac differential
Strange single adjustable front struts
Strange dual adjustable rear shocks
Ford racing cobra jet spring kit
Team Z lower control arms
Team Z adjustable upper control arm and mount
Team Z adjustable panhard bar
Team Z anti-roll bar
Strange Cobra jet front brakes
Ford racing shelby upper strut mounts
Weld 17" one piece magnum pro wheels with M&H 28x4.5x17
Weld 15" single beadlock magnum pro wheels with 275/60-15 hossier drag radials

We have big plans with this car and will be installing a set of comp cams in it within the next couple weeks. Then will come the procharger F1c with the stock motor to see how fast we can go with the stock longblock.

here's the time slip and a sucky video. i'll have a better video up tomorrow.

· Registered
338 Posts
Very impressive!!

· Registered
309 Posts
Gears?

I noticed that you didn't list any gears done. Is that correct? If that's the case I've been waiting for this a long time now. An auto with converter only running those times it'll be nice! Don't burst my bubble lol

· Registered
372 Posts
Maybe i'm missing something here but how are you getting 122mph in 1800 DA when most similar cars are getting 117-119 in better DA? Great time though!!

· Registered
1,368 Posts
Curious if you have driven on the street with those strange front brakes and if so how they work.

· Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
sorry i justy got to the office. i'll reply in order.

N2089- Amazing is not even close!!!! whoever doesn't own one needs to go out and get one. I had a customer there with an all motor mach 1 that makes 410 n/a and i told him its gonna go 30's today. he's like you're crazy, this thing will never go that fast (he hasn't been paying attention to all the hyp about these cars). He bet me lunch it wouldn't go quicker than 11.50. First pass off the trailer it went [email protected]..... so he though he had me, but i was stoked because i pretty much left at idle and it only shifted at 7000. by the end of the day ii kept handing him faster time slips and he coul't believe it.

Impetous- sorry man, i do have to burst your bubble. it has 3.73's in it sorry i forgot to put it on the list. i'll update it!!!!

Fiveoh- yeah, it went 121.96 in 1800 ft of DA. i didn't get to scale the car because the scales were open for 1 hr only. but you can see the parts list and i bet the car is probably 3450 with no driver. the radiator support is still stock, since we did'nt get it in time. but it will be coming out along with the k-member and a-arms. our car only went 96mph to the 1/8, i have a customers car out here also that races at irwindale and couldn't make it to the test session that has gone 97 to the 1/8. he has been 119 in the 1/4 and 94-95 to the 1/8 at famoso also.

93pony- thanks man!!!! i was pleasently surprised....specially since the air wasn't the greatest. in the morning when we made the first pass the air was 350ft. i'm using their off the shelf grinds but not using them in the kit like they have them set-up (ie: using intakes from 1 kit and exhaust from another).

WBT-yes i do drive it on the street and they work great, but the solid rotor probably won't live very long. They took off 27lbs per side. strange has two kits, one for the regular 2005+ and the cobrajet kit which comes with a new aluminum hub. we have the cobrajet version.

· Registered
171 Posts
sorry i justy got to the office. i'll reply in order.

WBT-yes i do drive it on the street and they work great, but the solid rotor probably won't live very long. They took off 27lbs per side. strange has two kits, one for the regular 2005+ and the cobrajet kit which comes with a new aluminum hub. we have the cobrajet version.
Wow 27/lbs per side! I may take my brembo's off for that. I bet that would be 30/lbs per side!

· Registered
1,368 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I have been looking at the hubless option as I want to maintain the ABS stuff. Great way to reduce weight and in the right place.

· Registered
257 Posts
Love the wheels and tires.

FWIW I had strange front brakes (solid 'race' version) on my 8 second 154mph 3500lb F-body for 300 passes and three years of true street and weekend cruising. Went through four sets of the harder pads and never replaced the rotors. I figured I would warp them after a season or they would be ground down to nothing but they lasted a LONG time.

· The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,319 Posts
NICE PASS,,Looks like that setup is working :)

· Registered
243 Posts
Nice times, Big Plans I see!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.