Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the UPR quadrant with the firewall adjuster and borrowed a set of 275/40/17 BFG's and pulled it off!!
On the first run I launched at 3500 rpm and the BFG's went up in smoke ([email protected]) A nice 2nd gear burnout and a 2500 rpm launch did the trick for me. [email protected] 1.83 60ft.

Thanks for the input on the quadrant, that is without a doup one of my best upgrades ever!

Keep it up.

Riaan

Zinc yellow 03
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
The firewall adjust and quadrant helps these cars out some much IMOP.

Congrats on the time. From the MPH on the 1st pass looks like it has 11.6's in it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a set of 315 BFG's on order.
Some say I should drop the clutch at 4500rpm!? Is that possible without breaking something?
Any tips are welcome please, for I am new to the world of drag radials.
11.6 sounds very nice........

Riaan

Zinc yellow 03
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I think a 4500 straight dump will break stuff. All the guys who go fast on drag radials just come off the floor quickly with the clutch and feather it some. My next outing I am gonna leave at 4000 coming off the floor quickly with the clutch. Hopefully if the track is descent I can get some 1. 7 60's.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
CONGRADULATIONS on the 11 second run!!! very good mph!!!

ive only had my bfg's for 2 weeks now. last week i ran a 1.78 and a bunch of low 1.80's . this week the same all low 1.80's. i ran the tires at 15 lbs of air (thanx to information from broke7) and it worked perfectly. i launched the car at 4000 rpm's and didnt drop it but let it out very very quickly. seems to work well , i havent even chirped a tire coming out of the whole.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, it's a BLAST!!
On my second run I made a good burnout with a lot of smoke. Do we really have to do that with every run? If so, how long do they last?

Riaan
Zinc yellow 03
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Ryan are you running a 3.00 or 3.10 pulley, if so your car hauls ass for for a 3anything pulley. Good Job!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup, 3.10 with the stock belt. Our times are almost the same. How much HPand TQ do you make with the 2.8? Before the UPR-X my car made 441rwhp/445rwtq.

Riaan
Zinc yellow 03
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I made 456rwhp and 478rwtq with the setup in the sig, I may dyno again this week, I have since removed the Gates 74 Belt I was running and 100mm idler and installed a new 74 Gatorback and left the idler off, my car feels much stronger up top, I think my gates belt was glazed and was slipping, because I get no dust now wheras before I would get quite a bit. Back to your car man your car hauls for a 3.10 pulley, my car is a turd for its mods compared to yours, maybe this new belt combo will net some better results! You need to dyno again after the UPR I am interested to see if it picked up your car at all?

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Glad to see you got your gremlins worked out trey, makes me wonder now. Ive been runnin a Gates 740, my gator 74" blew up when my lower idler exploded.

I am ordering a gatorback, and trying what you are doing when I get back in town on the 4th. I am also gonna try some different combo's on the dyno. Idler, no idler, etc, be a lengthy process, I want to ice on both.

Anyways..sorry for highjacking the thread. Venomous, Im glad my info helped out. I havent found a better way to do it yet.

Rianscobra: those DR's wont last that long. I have a set of AFS replica's that DR's are mounted on, drive to track on F1's then swap. Last alot longer like that.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
trey193
478rwtq is strong!! I'm sure if you study your dyno sheet and find the optimum shitft point you will be even faster. The 2.8 makes more power down low than the 3.1. Hope your new combo works.
Will do a dynorun soon.

Thanx
Riaan
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Yeah Broke7 and I installed my UPR 3 hook Quad. and Firewall Adj. the other night and man what a difference. You are right about the shift points I am gonna try a few different things and see if the car picks up. Also I really think the car is making more power now than it did when I dynoed now that I have found my incorrectly installed pulley hub and the fact that the gates had given up! With the Gatorback and the 2.80 all seems well and the car feels stronger than ever, I'll let ya know what it runs , we are all going to Beech Bend this Tuesday!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts