Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

11.96 - tune + tires at Cecil County

3K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  Omcar 
#1 ·
I am a happy camper.

#7 ·
Excellent times!

I know the autos do very well on just a tune. Anyone know what the quickest ET is for a m6 with just a tune and maybe nothing more than drag radials/street tires, maybe 1 mod at most?

#10 ·
Excellent times!

I know the autos do very well on just a tune. Anyone know what the quickest ET is for a m6 with just a tune and maybe nothing more than drag radials/street tires, maybe 1 mod at most?
I ran 11.99@112mph with just the SCT tune and MT ET streets. Backed it up with another 11.99 pass too. lol. No clue what the fastest is though. Everything else was showroom stock down to the paper air filter and 3.31 rear gear. Congrats to you Omcar on your 11 second pass.

#11 ·
Congrats and welcome to the club...

#14 ·
That is crazy, that is what I ran in my pullied cobra. I was looking today at the used autos on the net. There are some coming up for sale now with 20k plus miles. I am looking to get a used base auto for about 20k. I am patient. The cobra still gets me around town.

#15 ·
Congrats!

Welcome to the club! ;)

#18 ·
Very nice congrats . Just a matter of time and good air . Now go faster ...
If I wasn't burning up clutches left and right I might be able to keep up with you.

#26 ·
It blows my mind how some of you guys running low 12's-high 11's are burning up clutches. I have tons of high 10-low 11second passes on my original clutch with all of them being 5500-6000rpm launches. I even sprayed a 175 shot of nitrous on my last trip to the track which according to the time slips would have been 10.6-10.7's@125+mph if it would have went into 3rd smoothly. Stock clutch has held everything I have thrown at it like a champ.

#23 ·
Yes I have 331's they helped me a little with 60ft and they were good to the stripe @ 115 to 117..Now i go 120 and i am in fourth I am now going to an 28in tire.. I keep Tweeking!!

The 355's should be good for 2 /10s maybe a bit more because you will definatly improve the 60ft a bunch..
Best of Luck :)

#33 ·
Omcar, Cecil open dec 3rd ? shoot if I hadn't put my stock tires back on I'd be there too. the McLeod RXT is about broken in .
Brad Bench, I am blown away that the stock clutch went like that too maybe 20 runs on it then bamo pedal stuck big time then fluid leaked all out, a real mess . I don't know why some are holding out just fine and some are breaking ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.