Looks like I'm getting tuned!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Senior Member Array BlueStreak02gt's Avatar

Default Looks like I'm getting tuned!!!!!

wasn't gonna do this until I got my forged engine and blower next year, but well I decided the 3.73's just didn't add enough oomph, so I broke down and bought a brand new in the box SCT 2 Tuner for $277.95 shipped on ebay. Won the auction on a last second auction snipe (someone's pretty pissed at me right now....:D) for $265 + $12.95 shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...240690567&rd=1

So looks like I'm gettin' tuned by the end of the week, and I'm gonna have to :Track: before long and see what she can do. Only had her out once back in early 2007, and I wasn't against anyone, and she did a 14.2 at 95 mph. If I'm off work Wednesday I may sneak down south and make a couple passes before I get her tuned to see what she can do so I can compare numbers.

I have a Superchipped 2003 F-250 TurboDiesel just itching to race me, and I have to admit, this truck is pretty damn quick, so this may go down this week!

Just curious, can I tune this thing myself and what settings are safe to run on my car???? or do I need to take it to someone and let them do it for me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

ok found out I shouldn't tune it myself, so I'm gonna take it down to Modular Powerhouse in Cartersville, GA and have them tune and dyno the car! Should be in a week or so. i've requested the tune and dyno on their forum. can't wait I'm stoked.

congratz bro. lets see what she puts out!!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

What are your current mods?

Quote Originally Posted by R.J. View Post
    What are your current mods?
    other than a MAC COLD Air Straight Shot and 3.73 Rear Gear, they are all just costmetic, stereo, wheels/tires, suspension. but you can click my car domain page in my sig and go to the 2nd page and get a full list of them

Default bring money

When you bring your car for the tune close your eyes (speed costs money and you will want Tim to put more parts on).Good luck with the tune .

I ask because we are in the same situation. I picked up a SCT for cheap and I want to get a tune with out to many mods (In Sig) Make sure they get a base line run so we can see exactly what it did for you. thanks

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by R.J. View Post
    I ask because we are in the same situation. I picked up a SCT for cheap and I want to get a tune with out to many mods (In Sig) Make sure they get a base line run so we can see exactly what it did for you. thanks
    Hey Man, I noticed you were in Warwick, if you haven't been yet for the tune then I would swing by Karls and talk to Kevin. He did all my tuning for me and does excellent work.

I live less than a 1 min drive from Karl's and they do great work!!!

Senior Member Array

I am very jealous then! I live like 15 mins from them!

Senior Member Array Oxford02KBGT's Avatar

Dunno, I'm sure you'll pick up something. But I dont think there's much left in it without any boltons at least... Then again, I never went the direction you are... I know I tried a canned tune with my Xcal when I was stock and didnt notice anything.. But thats a little different than a dyno tune..lol Deffinatly keep us posted on how you do and get 3 base pulls if you can...So you can compare... I personally dont think you should let yourself walk outa there without a blower..lol He has the Kenne Bell 2.8L's ya know...hehe good luck bro, cant wait to see what you pull.. I'm a little jealous.. mine's never seen a dyno..

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbreaker View Post
    Dunno, I'm sure you'll pick up something. But I dont think there's much left in it without any boltons at least... Then again, I never went the direction you are... I know I tried a canned tune with my Xcal when I was stock and didnt notice anything.. But thats a little different than a dyno tune..lol Deffinatly keep us posted on how you do and get 3 base pulls if you can...So you can compare... I personally dont think you should let yourself walk outa there without a blower..lol He has the Kenne Bell 2.8L's ya know...hehe good luck bro, cant wait to see what you pull.. I'm a little jealous.. mine's never seen a dyno..
    well bro I'm overdrawn on credit, underpaid at work, and nothing in the good old bank account, so I don't see how I'm gonna manage to cough up 10K for a blower, forged engine, an install, and a tune......lol.

lol..I hear ya... These things are money pits for sure... I added up MOST of my recips since I bought my car...Threw up in my mouth a couple of times....

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbreaker View Post
    lol..I hear ya... These things are money pits for sure... I added up MOST of my recips since I bought my car...Threw up in my mouth a couple of times....
    oh yeah, I about shat myself when I added all mine up and saw I had 6K in mine, and the only thing I have to show for it is added weight and a lot of show, and a whole lotta no go!

haha.. Yea, everybody does it different.. Way back when, I was the guy with the POS looking car with no bumpers and primer all over it that would haul ass..lol I'm still that way to a point... Screw paint and good looks, I put all my money in HP..lol

18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last