Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Article - Shelby GT500 Project - Part 1

13K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  eschaider 
#1 ·
This thread is for discussing our article titled "Shelby GT500 Project - Part 1 - Kenne Bell Install"

The article can be found here - http://www.modularfords.com/?p=90

Discuss!

#4 ·
Very nice write up! I would have loved to have seen this two weeks ago, I just did mine and I will agree with you that the instructions that KB sends are the best by far I have ever seen. With this write up and the instructions I would have a hard time seeing anybody not being able to do this install at home. The only thing is that I think you missed was how tight it gets working by the EGR and bypast tube but not really a big issue. Glad to hear you didnt fight with the fuel line that much, I was not that lucky and it about pissed me off the most doing mine:shout:

#5 ·
I would have liked to had this article finished LONG ago, as it was back last year that I installed it, but I could never seem to find the time and motivation to finish it. This is the first of several articles I have put together on the GT500, the others will be up shortly.

#10 ·
Suspension, the car even stock had a good bit of sway in the rear end. Making the car accelerate faster only made the problem worse.

No other mods besides the KB and 3" pulley for that article. The next one I will post up the graphs from headers and 3" exhaust.

#14 ·
Very well written, good pics... made me want to go out and buy one for myself:clapping:

#15 ·
Great article. I'm the one you sent the half shaft to for the 03. I have a GT500 now and I am very interested in the KB (researching blowers). I guess I may need you to help me out again. Thanks for the write-up!!!

#25 ·
That is because a few years ago Photoshop decided to be a dick and stop offering their "free" service. They wanted everyone to pay. A lot of photographic information was lost at that time unless it was saved in your photo album on ModFords. When you use 3rd party "free" services like Photoshop that type of unhappy outcome is always a possibility.

Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.