Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Steeda Billet Tensioner @ Tillman Speed!

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  94tbird 
#1 ·

***SHOWN WITHOUT OPTIONAL BILLET PULLEY

Stop your OEM belt tensioner bracket from bending with Steeda's new Tensioner kit! A major problem with Supercharged applications as the increased belt length and tension puts unwanted stress on the factory tensioner. A real problem is when you kick the clutch and pull the next gear the RPMS suddenly drop.

With the extra rotating mass of the supercharger and weight of all the accessories it will jerk the belt and sometimes hurt your OEM tensioner. It causes it to flex and in the end you usually end up with broken belts that are hard to find and expensive. A great fix for all blown Roush, Saleen and other bolt on supercharger applications.

Kit is available with a factory pulley or an optional billet one.

Steeda Heavy Duty Belt Tensioner - Billet Pulley - '05-'09
$159.95

Steeda Heavy Duty Belt Tensioner - Stock Pulley - '05-'09
$119.95

CALL TO ORDER! (610)497-5776 or 3736 - CHRIS ROSE

See less See more
#7 ·
the stock hub hardware will not hold and the arm will seperate from the body.

here are the remains of the KB super tensioner which is the same as the steeda, a stock arm with a billet plate welded to it. Like i said it moves the weak point to where the arm meets the base. You need a Thump_RRR tensioner. You eyes may bug when you see the 360 price or so but its the only one that works without issue. I spent over 3k now in belts and tensioners before the thumprrr. i havent spent 1 dime due to tensioner issues since the change. the RR, the KB, ST motorsprots, all faield. Thump_RRR has been gonig strong for a year

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.