Wiper blades
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wiper blades

Senior Member Array hardcore302's Avatar

Default Wiper blades

What kind of winshield wiper blades do you use? The stock ones lasted pretty long and didn't start to smear for a while. Changed them after ~1 year as per owner's manual.

I decided to give Bosch a try to replace the stockers. I figure you get what you pay for, so I footed the bill. Turns out they weren't all that great. At first they are excellent, but they wear out quickly. Alot of streaking/smearing/lines.

I just replaced them with Rain-X, but it hasn't rained yet. Let you nkow how they are.

So what kind of wipers do you use? PS Rain-X spray is excellent. I'm addicted to that stuff. I find myself staring at the windshield instead of keeping my eye on the road, lol jk.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

I've also tried them all and have been using the rain-x for over a year now.so far so good

If you can find them in your area the Michelin brand wiper blades were the best blades I have ever bought. Last I saw them were at Target.
    http://www.michelinwiper.com/

Senior Member Array hardcore302's Avatar

hmm. i might check em out after the rainx

Quote Originally Posted by FoxFour View Post
    If you can find them in your area the Michelin brand wiper blades were the best blades I have ever bought. Last I saw them were at Target.
    http://www.michelinwiper.com/
    +1 for michelin!

I have rain x latitude blades on mine, works great in the rain.

Senior Member Array

Factory wiper blades are usually the best but iI've been using anco contours on my cars for about 6 months and they work great and have seen a lot of use. Typically cheap wiper blades last 3-4 months and the more expensive ones about 8-12 but it all really depends on usuage

Just make sure whatever you get is made of silicone and not rubber. Silicone will last much longer but costs a bit more. The rubber kind will break down quickly in the sun and are generally cheaper. I think wal-mart has the triple edge blades. Those are all I use now. They last a long time and I believe they have a lifetime warranty so you can just have them replaced when they do wear out.

I just get the factory refils (just the rubber part) from Discount Auto....very cheap. Tri Co I believe....same as factory.

I've used Silblade in the past on other vehicles up in Washington State (worked awesome, and you know how much it rains up there...) they don't ship to where I'm at overseas, so I use factory replacements.

I have an 07 gt, and i purchased gt500 wiper blades, and as silly as this sounds i cannot get them on.....does anyone know if the gt500 wiper blades would fit a gt? I highly doubted myself that they have different wiper arms, but i dont see a way to make them fit (btw these are the newer ones without any metal, the rubber blade attaches right to the arm)

Moderator Array

Alot of the OEM's use Anco Blades, thats what i use on my vehicles and they seem to work the best.

my oems have a wind foil on em so I was going to replace just the insert since they are for the 03/04 cobra but.. .they looked so faded I replaced them with just some regular looking ones, I dont use them anyway.

15. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread