Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys , i went to atco on thurs night and ran 6 times.. 2 times i missed gears. it was boiling hot out , i think like 96 degrees.the first 4 runs were consecutive runs one after the other , the track guys just waved us back on the track when we came around cause it was so dead.

first run 11.95 @117.09
second 11.93 @117.08
third [email protected]
fourth [email protected]

after a 1 1/2 hour cool down
fifth run and new best 11.89 @ 118.04
sixth run against a 2003 zo6 with headers , vararam , 390 gears ,shifter and in his own words "i dont know what else they did":lol i ran a missed 3rd gear 12.20 @ 115.96 to his missed 3rd gear 13.37 @ 110.24
it was great pulling that cheby down the track!! :bangears

·
Registered
577 Posts
Impressive to say the least......

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Very nice times

Congrats

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Congrats on the New Best...:D

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
one of them had a Z06 (2002 i think, may have been an 03). There was a delay for some track prep so we were out of our cars hanging around and the F body/Z06 guys came over and we were chatting. He mentioned he had cams, head work and exhaust, was a nice looking car. I hadnt seen him run earlier cause I was always in staging lanes myself but we did get paired up. I took him from the line and just pulled away, ran a [email protected] with a 2.184 60' to his [email protected] and his 2.241 60'

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanx alot guys, i appreciate it.. the track is so addictive now that i ran 11's. i want to just keep going faster and faster!! :banggears

jay- i dont think i can make it this thurs. definately next thurs though i will be there. sorry bro..

shadowgrey03 - nice kill bro!! u got to love these cars!! the same thing happened to me , i took him out of the whole and then just kept pulling.. i was a little surprised how bad i pulled on him , thought he would be a little more competition.. 03 cobras are :king

·
Registered
52 Posts
Venomouso3cobra

just curious???

How come your MPH with F1's was 119+mph and with BFG's it droped to 117+?

·
Registered
404 Posts
First of all good times in the heat.........now you know what we go thur in Texas. My only question is this corrected thing what is that excatly???( 11.31 @ 123 MPH )

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Corrected times take into account temp, humidity, elevation etc.

here is a link to a good correction calculator.

http://www.modulardepot.com/density.php

goto accuweather.com the night of a race, enter the zip of the track on the left hand side and then select "past 24 hours" and you can get temp, humidity and pressure and use those numbers for the calculator above. Since many factors influence air density etc corrected numbers are really the closesnt thing we have to comparing a car on different days or even when comparing to others.....assuming they use corrected times as well with accurate data for the correction.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
casper03 - yes i power shift every gear. i tryed all different shift points that night. 6000 , 6200 , different gears ,different shift points. nothing seemed to make a dramatic difference. but always powershift!!

svtwillie - the only explanation i have for speed dropping from 120 to 117-118 is the heat . when i ran the 120 trap , it was about 75 degrees out . the 118+ was in roughly 92-94 degree heat and the 117's in 96 degree heat. i also had a different tune in the car , but dont know how much of an effect that had because of the heat. when the weather cools down finally, i will see if i get 120 again in 70 degree temps. and in the cooler weather , hoping to hit some low 120's like jt, finicky and broke7.

guyywagner - i dont have a rollbar, both nights i ran 11's , i was at atco. they didnt say a word to me. i went there for that reason , i heard they are more leanant about that. e-town , i heard throws you off immediately..so far ive had good luck..

chillfactor - shadowgrey answered your ?, that is exactly where i went to do corrected times. it just for fun. :) hopefully when the cooler weather comes around , ill run somewhere remotely close to that. just wishful thinking though. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts