Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided that this is the goal I'm shooting for and wanting to know if anyone has an 11s 3v, and if so what setup are you running?

·
05 BOSS 302
3,947 Posts
11's n/a can be done. There are quite a few guys that have gotten consistant 12.5-12.6 with headers intake, CMCP deletes, under drives, driveshaft, gears and tires. You also need the proper suspension and a bit of lightening as well. Add the right combination of heads and cams and you should be knocking at the door of low 12's high 11's.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we gonna see. My next mods are a C&L race CAI, comp stage II cams and springs, and Mac LTs with a MAC prochamber

·
Registered
194 Posts
On my way, a lil wt reduction and get this dam rear end fixt....
...gonna try w/ stock tb and intake...:tip:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well your ahead of me in the mods nut I hope to catch up.

what part of Louisiana you from? I'm in B.R.

·
Registered
194 Posts
.... in Lake Charles.

Usually go to Evadale track b/c only 45min away; but frequent SCR and HRP.

·
Registered
194 Posts
u SHOULD ASK JIM D'AMORE JR OF JDM.WHAT HIS SET-UP WAS..HE WAS A CONSISTANT 11.0 GUY N/A
11's yes, I did not know he'd gone 11.0;
...he has Livernois built 298 bottome end, auto, stall, etc... and a Edelbrock s/c now...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I read somewhere there's a N/A automatic car running low 11's with a 302 stroker, anderson ford N43 cams, ported heads and of course every other bolt on in the market.

·
Registered
133 Posts
That has been my goal as well. I'm almost there. Ran 12.0s last month. With light weight drag wheels or the new C&L manifold thats due out,I should be in the 11.80-90s. We shall see soon.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Jim had a 298CI Stroker with full bolt ons, longtubes, heads/cams, 4:56 gears and some suspension parts, and he ran 11.15

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Yep 11.15 is my best, did it at 119 mph but the car has been [email protected] The most part of my power came from the 298 stroker and ported heads/comp cams. This engine made right at 400 HP to the tires through an automatic. The torque converter and gears also made a big difference. I was able to get 1.53-1.55 60 foot times to run 11.1's. The car weighed about 3400lbs with me in it. 3220 with out me. I could have gotten another 60 lbs out of it too. However this was before i added a roll cage. If I had gotten the C&L manifold on i think i could have gone 10's, even with the cage in the car. I wanted to do this but was offered a Edelbrock supercharger and new engine from my father...couldnt pass it up!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Jim had a 298CI Stroker with full bolt ons, longtubes, heads/cams, 4:56 gears and some suspension parts, and he ran 11.15
Thats awesome times. Congrats ! I still have a stock bottom end.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I hope you run 10's with it flying. Its sad Jim didnt have the time to do it

1 - 20 of 29 Posts