Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
things are getting a little better. SLipping the clutch at 5k, I've managed a 12.09 last night granny shifting(so i can sell the T56 in good running order!). I'm thinking I need to get to a better track soon so my numbers aren't seeming like wow, I've got a bunch of stuff, and running slower than most others. I only managed a 1.86 60', and couldn't do any better, while last week I pulled a 1.79. I think it's time for a nice set of control arms...who would ya'll recommend? I have GW's on my GT, they're nice, and I manged a 1.69 with those...I'm thinking I need to get to a better track soon so my numbers aren't seeming like wow, I've got a bunch of stuff, and running slower than most others. Thanks for your time! Charles

·
Registered
42 Posts
what are your mods....nice times BTW your knocking on that 11 second door..:)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, a live axle with 4.10's, a 2.8, and a QMP exhaust setup. I'm thinking maybe there's something in the tune(maybe?) as I onl;y have 90 octane available. Now I've been running C10 mixed with the 90, but maybe we can play with the tune if I run that much octane? My tuner didn't know I intended to mix fuels. Oh yea, that's on slicks, with 90/10's and 50/50's some subframes and control arms are up next along with a billetflow idler.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Charlz with 4.10's a live axle and slick, you should be pulling sick 60' times.... what rpm are you launching @?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RIGHT!! That's what I'm thinking! I've been slipping the cluth from 5k to start rolling out without spinning. PSI in the tires is 11#'s. With this similar setup in my Gt I've hit 1.69 '60's without much effort. I'm thinking maybe some suspension tweaks may get it there (mostly stock right now) I wanna find some new front and rear springs (coilovers up front) as well as some subframes and LCA's. We'll see what happens next i suppose

·
Registered
260 Posts
Charlez03 said:
RIGHT!! That's what I'm thinking! I've been slipping the cluth from 5k to start rolling out without spinning. PSI in the tires is 11#'s. With this similar setup in my Gt I've hit 1.69 '60's without much effort. I'm thinking maybe some suspension tweaks may get it there (mostly stock right now) I wanna find some new front and rear springs (coilovers up front) as well as some subframes and LCA's. We'll see what happens next i suppose
Please dont take this as flaming Charlez, but 1.69 on slicks still isnt that good for a live axle 4.10's, and 400 + hp.... I have cut 1.67 on stock F-1's and IRS. I think you just need some more seat time before you get discouraged. Keep at it and the time slip will keep getting better :beer:

Jayson

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:shootbird J/K! Yea, I've seen other folks hit some 1.5's locally. but the 1.69 i did with maybe 300HP (the GT) so i thought it was pretty nice for what it was. Now with the cobra, it's a whole 'nother animal. Me comparing my times to many people on the forums is kinda dissappointing, because so many others have hit the numbers that i could be happy with, with the IRS and stock tires as you said. The local crowd seems to think it's one of the baddest street cars and performs very well at the track(maybe it's a local thing?) anywho, I'll quit mumbling about not being able to drive. Thanks for the :beer:, I think I'll go and have one myself!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Whats the car mph??

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ChillFactor, just curious, how much boost are you running? @123 that seems to be flying, I know the gears will help slow me down quite a bit. I'm not really bummed about only running a 12.09, as most folks go run at other tracks (Ennis, The Wall, Penwell) and turn better times due to track prep, weather conditions, i dunno, but these local tracks seem to "run slower". I'll be at ease for a few when i get an 11 in this car......

·
Registered
42 Posts
I trapped at 115.66mph on a 12.5 pass....with a 2.02 60' time:(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts