Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12.26 n/a stock bottom end 9/22/09

Jegs wheels/tires and swaybar only wt reduction... forgot to even take out spare and jack, full seats/interior, etc... drove 2hrs to track.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
What's your list of mods to get the 364HP? I'm sure that's to the wheels right? What part of Louisiana are you from?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Your car sounds almost identical to mine. What type of exhaust? What track is that? NPR? I was hoping to get this last week with my new CF DF clutch UNTIL the F150 tranny went.

Good time..how was youe 60'? Think you got an 11 in her?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your car sounds almost identical to mine. What type of exhaust? What track is that? NPR? I was hoping to get this last week with my new CF DF clutch UNTIL the F150 tranny went.

Good time..how was youe 60'? Think you got an 11 in her?
11's this weekend... On that run, drove 2hrs to State Capital, rear was not helping, only removed front sway and tires/rims... still had jack, spare, all interior, etc...

60' was 1.75... got ALOT less et in her :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
11's this weekend... On that run, drove 2hrs to State Capital, rear was not helping, only removed front sway and tires/rims... still had jack, spare, all interior, etc...

60' was 1.75... got ALOT less et in her :)
I hope you get it on your next outing bro! I know my 12.13 N/A on my stock bottom end is enough to drive me sterile waiting for spring up here.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope you get it on your next outing bro! I know my 12.13 N/A on my stock bottom end is enough to drive me sterile waiting for spring up here.
Im hoping I can will my way there... 1/4 a second is a lOOOOONG way... I'm setting my self up for disapointment or breaking something! lol

Truth be told, as long as I can drive home, not break anything... Im :)

...and not delusional to think Ill be able to do it once the weather warms up down here!

·
Registered
929 Posts
I would think if you do not all ready have an after market clucth you are loosing around two tenth, maybe. My best time na was with a slipping OE clutch and not my best 60'. The CF DF clutch I put in in January fells like the car has 50 hp more through all gears and every time I speed shift through there gears the car lurches further upun gear excecution, it has never done that with OE clutch. For instance I could never bark the tires in third gear. Now I can bark them in forth at 60 mph...no problem. There are folks without heads and cams go into the 12.20's and one guy up in Jersy way that has consistantly hit the 12 teens.

Bottom line, there are guys with heads and cams setup with good bolt-ons and clutch go 11.8's ~ 113-114mph.

I got cheap and went with a 75shot and smoked the hell out of the OE clutch. I'm though really interested wth Doug Studdard (BAMACHIPS) Mutha Thumper Cams setup. It only good for another ~ 30rwhp with his tune but man it sounds evil.

You can do it water boy!...lol.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would think if you do not all ready have an after market clucth you are loosing around two tenth, maybe. My best time na was with a slipping OE clutch and not my best 60'. The CF DF clutch I put in in January fells like the car has 50 hp more through all gears and every time I speed shift through there gears the car lurches further upun gear excecution, it has never done that with OE clutch. For instance I could never bark the tires in third gear. Now I can bark them in forth at 60 mph...no problem. There are folks without heads and cams go into the 12.20's and one guy up in Jersy way that has consistantly hit the 12 teens.

Bottom line, there are guys with heads and cams setup with good bolt-ons and clutch go 11.8's ~ 113-114mph.

I got cheap and went with a 75shot and smoked the hell out of the OE clutch. I'm though really interested wth Doug Studdard (BAMACHIPS) Mutha Thumper Cams setup. It only good for another ~ 30rwhp with his tune but man it sounds evil.

You can do it water boy!...lol.
Im running at FULL weight...full interior, jack n spare are in, ... only weight reduction is front sway bar, tires and rims... thats IT.

I ran 12.60 w/ stock heads/cams/inj in the heat and humidity of July in Houston... with weight of 3620... I just dont do the ' theft recovery ' style weight reduction.

I run a RAM powergrip hd pressure plate, RAM 310 clutch, and RAM steel flywheel...

I know the shop Doug had those cams put in (the one in the vid), thats where I get my car tuned custom tuned:bigwink:; so...

If I did do some radical weight reduction... well, some may see but Ill keep those cards held close... this is only a piece :)

·
Registered
929 Posts
Im running at FULL weight...full interior, jack n spare are in, ... only weight reduction is front sway bar, tires and rims... thats IT.

I ran 12.60 w/ stock heads/cams/inj in the heat and humidity of July in Houston... with weight of 3620... I just dont do the ' theft recovery ' style weight reduction.

I run a RAM powergrip hd pressure plate, RAM 310 clutch, and RAM steel flywheel...

I know the shop Doug had those cams put in (the one in the vid), thats where I get my car tuned custom tuned:bigwink:; so...

If I did do some radical weight reduction... well, some may see but Ill keep those cards held close... this is only a piece :)
Codi thinks my car is haunted. On his Dyno I pulled only 317 rwhp/328 rwtq. It even shorted out his interface box that hooked up to his OBii and PC. He can't believe I run 12.4 - 12.5 1/4 however, I have a Diablo tunner and they are a little strange to work with. Doug informed me that they like to keep all the mod's you make and carry them over. So when you re program the PCM you need to first, reset to default to clear all previous mod's. One other shop I pulled 334 rwhp/353 rwtq.

I also run the fatboy street setup at the track with me at 200lbs. With the Power steering delete belt and ac removed it goes 2-3 tenths quicker and faster, try that some time. My sig times are fatboy setup with old OE clutch..

You 12.6 at Houston on totally stck block aint shabby..that hard to do down here. I think you'll go into the teens with a good 1.6 60'.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haunted.... NICE!

Haunted.... NICE!

Hit me up next time there' s a gathering at NPR, Ill try and make it (my mom lives in Gonzales, so it's a trip I take once a month anyway).

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Good to see another Louisiana mustang on here...good times

I need to get my azz to the track! I am getting some work done...so soon I hope.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I need to get my azz to the track! I am getting some work done...so soon I hope.
It's about time. How long has it been? I haven't even seen times in your sig yet. With all the power I would have to have some fun every once in a while.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
It's about time. How long has it been? I haven't even seen times in your sig yet. With all the power I would have to have some fun every once in a while.
It has been too long...I have had the original canned whipple tune in my car since day one (couple years now) so I know its not running as good as it can. Not to mention the blower has been leaking oil for about that long (real mess) and I have been having a 12psi pully and 8rib kit for over a year. I am finally finding time and $ to do more work. I am getting Mr Eric Brooks to tune it up too...shooting for 500rwhp

tic tic tic :dumb:

lol

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what mods you have in there? what cams, what headers, etc
Maracaibo, Venezuela, ya'll have some good 60s-70s iron layin' around down there!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts