Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was reading one of the recent issues of MM&FF and saw a blurb in there about fitting the cobra calipers over smaller 12" rotors. Said that the brackets could either be redrilled or you could buy them that was from BAER. Yet on the baer site I see only kits to go bigger. Anyone have any more info on this??? Sure would be a great way to make skinnies fit without a spacer.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! ... That's an interesting thread.. why are the road race guys interested in going to smaller rotors? Wonder if doing this would help with clearance on skinny's.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Greg Weld Design wheels (17x4) fit with no spacers and they look very good.
I'm not a fan of the greg weld wheels... the oval holes with offset washers and cast alum contruction just put me off... I'm sure they work fine but I'm just iffy about it. I already own a set of billet specialties wheels and am fine with the 1" spacer.. but if there's something out there like this brake mod that'll let me eliminate the spacer I'd def be interested.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Thanks! ... That's an interesting thread.. why are the road race guys interested in going to smaller rotors? Wonder if doing this would help with clearance on skinny's.
CMC limits the rotor size to 12" since Camaros never had 13" brakes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts