Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Ford Gt build with Procharger F2:)

26K views 43 replies 24 participants last post by  lethalvenom 
#1 ·
He is my newest project. A 05 Ford Gt, Going to have a killer motor capable of 8500rpms. Bryant billet crank, manley rods, diamond pistons, fox lake cnc'd heads, custom cams, Stainless Works 1 7/8/ to 2'' step headers custom by stainless designed by Me. Mcloed twin disk clutch, Some trans treatments like 300m shafts, cryod and micronited, 360 forged Straight five carbon wheels 21*13 rear and 20*9 fronts wrapped in blue carbon kevlar. Tires will be 355-25-21 rear and 275-35-20 fronts. Traction control that i have been working on. Ceramic Composite Rotors and brakes off the new zr1 which will drop 46lbs in rotating mass. Car will be painted Vista Blue with Tungstun stripes like my shelby. I used the factory blower and put a 1'' titanuim Shaft through it and then sealed of the area where the rotors were and then i am having Beck Mechanical turn that section into the intake with a sheetmetal elbow and a 90mm t.b on the pass side of the motor. The car is goin to Run on e85 also. Hope to have it done for texas mile in Oct.

Later Dan

See less See more
#2 ·
You are crazy!!! I look forward to see the progress as your work comes along with it!

#3 ·
Aren't you worried about belt slip running both S/C from one pulley?

#7 ·
Ive seen prochargers run right off the crankshaft but never by a shaft running through another S/C. Definitely unique! Cant wait to hear and see your results. If you do have belt slip you could always go cog i guess.

#8 ·
Cog could be a option being the Ford gt only uses the power steering pump in the drive system for the supercharger. Cog is very hard on the crank, i would build a custom 12 rib set up first, but as i have said i have made with the procharger 31lbs of boost on the facotry 10rib setup with no problems and the f2 i am building is kinda special also.
later Dan

#9 ·
Also the elbow/t.b that is there is off my 10.5 tire car, the gt one will be close to the same but will only be a 90 degree angle instead of 110degree in the pic. T.b Will be a accufab also. The top of the blower where the ribs were will be gone and that will be sheetmetal and then turn into a oval flange on the pass side of the blower, then the elbow will bolt to that.

Later Dan

www.thefordgt.com

#11 ·
It will only see a max of 8500, but in short burst's it will reach that. That is why i am having cranks made versus the 500 dollar one in it. There are many 400inch motors out there with larger than a 4.165 stroke and turn major rpms, Its not like i am going to be driving it down the road at 8500 for 50 miles or something. The nice thing about the mod motor is the light piston/rod combo due to the small bore. You are very correct about the piston speed also, its going to be alot and it already is alot even stock.

Later Dan

www.thefordgt.com

#15 ·
hey you have any spare gt500 motors for sale? shortblocks? longblocks maybe if they heads arent too high dollar?

#16 ·
i'm also a internet expert.... Drop a LS7 in it .. that's what everyone does to make their cars better these days. Dont forget the twin turbo's after you do though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.