1500+hp Twin Turbo 4.6L Build in Oz - Page 4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 First 1234567891011 ... Last
Results 46 to 60 of 192
  1. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shawnssvtcobra View Post
    Daamn i love this thread.

    +1

    Prasac, I think I wet myself reading this thread Very nice build!!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47

    Default

    thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. its good to know there are other people out there who enjoy it.

    oght6, we haven't fit it together yet but im hoping it fits well i spoke with Mike Schropp from Livernois at the time we were doing it all and he said shouldn't be a problem. no main stud girdle, i spoke with John Mihovetz about it and got him to send me out a set of the side bolts he has in his, he said that should stop any creeping, they are thicker, longer and screw in at more lbs than the factory side bolts. its a 6-bolt main but with power in excess of 1500hp there could be a bit of creep. Ford done such an amazing job on these engines they are just soooooo tuff, i tell people here in Australia, its factory block, crank, heads, valves, rockers they have a heart attack, they don't believe a factory block etc can handle so much power. the 2JZ Supra engines are big here in Australia they are making 2100hp here with those, they are one of the only engines i have seen that can come close, but alot more work is put into those than u see on the 4.6's. the engine has made a few fans here in Australia, we only get the big brother 5.4 here i was amazed the 4.6 never got released.
    Last edited by prasac; 10-25-2009 at 08:57 PM.

  4. #48
    Senior Member Array oght6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    1,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prasac View Post
    thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. its good to know there are other people out there who enjoy it.

    oght6, we haven't fit it together yet but im hoping it fits well i spoke with Mike Schropp from Livernois at the time we were doing it all and he said shouldn't be a problem. no main stud girdle, i spoke with John Mihovetz about it and got him to send me out a set of the side bolts he has in his, he said that should stop any creeping, they are thicker, longer and screw in at more lbs than the factory side bolts. its a 6-bolt main but with power in excess of 1500hp there could be a bit of creep. Ford done such an amazing job on these engines they are just soooooo tuff, i tell people here in Australia, its factory block, crank, heads, valves, rockers they have a heart attack, they don't believe a factory block etc can handle so much power. the 2JZ Supra engines are big here in Australia they are making 2100hp here with those, they are one of the only engines i have seen that can come close, but alot more work is put into those than u see on the 4.6's. the engine has made a few fans here in Australia, we only get the big brother 5.4 here i was amazed the 4.6 never got released.
    thanks for clearing it up man. i am searching for a recipe for a cost effective endurance engine and i absolutely love the teksid block. I am looking for around 600hp but i want the engine to be able to take way more just for reliability. I want to run a canton road race pan with a windage tray, and livernois drain back kit with the crank scraper that's why i was curious.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oght6 View Post
    thanks for clearing it up man. i am searching for a recipe for a cost effective endurance engine and i absolutely love the teksid block. I am looking for around 600hp but i want the engine to be able to take way more just for reliability. I want to run a canton road race pan with a windage tray, and livernois drain back kit with the crank scraper that's why i was curious.
    no probs, sounds like a bit of fun, i'm a lil jealous i wished i went the street car before the drag car i love the Teksid also, a couple of the later blocks are just as strong, but for the money you pay for a Mark VIII engine its hard to go past the Teksid. best bet might be to email Mike or even create a thread on the Livernois vendor page, Mike was extremely helpful in helping make sure i get everything i needed together for mine.

  7. #50
    Junior Member Array 97desertCobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Thats soooo sick!

  8. #51
    Senior Member Array oght6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    1,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prasac View Post
    no probs, sounds like a bit of fun, i'm a lil jealous i wished i went the street car before the drag car i love the Teksid also, a couple of the later blocks are just as strong, but for the money you pay for a Mark VIII engine its hard to go past the Teksid. best bet might be to email Mike or even create a thread on the Livernois vendor page, Mike was extremely helpful in helping make sure i get everything i needed together for mine.
    sounds good man, but there isnt a whole lot to be jealous of...these are still just day dreams we are talking about. lol I am going to school and living a broke student life, but its almost a good thing because it gives me more time for research and less mistakes. I dont want to make the same mistakes i made before by thinking with my bank card instead of my head. lol

  9. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oght6 View Post
    sounds good man, but there isnt a whole lot to be jealous of...these are still just day dreams we are talking about. lol I am going to school and living a broke student life, but its almost a good thing because it gives me more time for research and less mistakes. I dont want to make the same mistakes i made before by thinking with my bank card instead of my head. lol
    that's the best way you can never get too much info and gives you time to get the finances arranged which i believe is the most important if it takes a 1 year or 5 its always worth it in the end. i did alot of research but still always make a couple little mistakes and things pop up you don't plan for.

  10. #53
    Senior Member Array oght6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    1,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prasac View Post
    that's the best way you can never get too much info and gives you time to get the finances arranged which i believe is the most important if it takes a 1 year or 5 its always worth it in the end. i did alot of research but still always make a couple little mistakes and things pop up you don't plan for.
    exactly man. I always tell my self that I wish i knew everything that i know now back when i just got my car. lol but i guess thats just life. you live and learn.

  11. #54
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Valley of the Sun - AZ
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Great build!!

  12. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadBrian View Post
    Great build!!
    thanx mate.

    thought i would do a lil update, not much new in the last 2 weeks to report Groovy has been busy doing something else for the last week n a half. i did make a decision to switch to methanol after doing alot of reading up about it and talking to a few racers in the US, i will be running a no intercooler setup much to my brothers disappointment and crying , for months he was asking me n Groovy when the icebox will be done and now there won't even be one

    obviously stepping up to methanol has changed a few things especially fuel setup, fortunately my Aeromotive mechanical pump is fine up to 1800hp on alcohol so i may not need to change it, if i do they make a 2500hp pump. this has a bigger outlet so Groovy suggested we put bigger fittings on the tank etc just in case i need to go that option. Groovy is going to make a nice big 20L+ Aluminium fuel tank might not be an icebox but should make my brother a lil happier organised a pretty big radiator core even though it's a methanol car, 45cm x 30cm x 5cm dimpled 2-core.

    fuel injector was a big change up, i thought 16 Bosch Indy Blue's (150lbs) would be enough but after talking to my tuner he recommended more maybe the Injector Dynamics ID2000 (200lbs) may be enough, i gave Mike Moran (he has a 5-sec methanol turbo car) a call and we worked out even 16 2000cc's wouldn't be enough for 1800hp, i will in fact need 16 x 250lb injectors which i will get Mike to make for me, he suggested running 8 x 500lb injectors instead as the Motec M800 i have sometimes don't like a 16 injector setup, will see what my tuner says he is on a bit of a holiday now but im pretty sure he will want to still go a 16 injector setup. if those injector sizes sound big its nothing compared to what Mike has in his 3700hp car he runs 16 600+lb injectors in his, that is 9600lbs or 100,00cc's i **** myself when he told me. i was a bit worried about the air temps being too hot and an intercooler would be needed but Mike says his air temps are 320F (which i thought was high), i shouldn't worry about the air temp mine will be a bit cooler as less boost and its good to have a bit of heat in there to burn the methanol up better.

    car should be out of GrooveRyders in 3 weeks, just have to do the intake pipework, wheelie bars, replace windscreen, oil catch can, tank the radiator, fuel cell few other little odd-bods but Groovy is confident that will all be done within 3 weeks and the beast can come back home to sleep

  13. #56
    Senior Member Array oght6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    1,497

    Default

    my tuner told me this other night. He said that the faster you wrap the speedometer around the less heat gets into the system. lol I think this set up is gonna rock. I cant wait to hear it run

  14. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oght6 View Post
    lol I think this set up is gonna rock. I cant wait to hear it run
    makes 2 of us

    made a pitstop to see Groovy today, had to pop in so we can talk bout where i wanted the blow off valves, fuel etc. this week got the catch can done, positioned it in the back corner behind the wheel so if it overfills it doesn't go under the tyres. the can is around 30cm long by 6in round, roughly 5-6 litres so more than enough to hold any oil, water etc. also got the collector and pipework done off the turbo's looks weird without a intercooler but hey that's how they all the meth cars do it these days and seems to work for them! we got all the best series Speedflow fittings etc, Groovy didn't want to wait for special order black ones, so we just got blue, they will all be anodized black when finished, maybe including the pipework and turbo, took a few more pics






  15. #58
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Valley of the Sun - AZ
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oght6 View Post
    He said that the faster you wrap the speedometer around the less heat gets into the system.
    Assuming here, that your tuner was referring to heat soak.... Was the conversation about just a strip car oght6?

  16. #59
    Senior Member Array oght6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    1,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadBrian View Post
    Assuming here, that your tuner was referring to heat soak.... Was the conversation about just a strip car oght6?
    yeah man you are right on the money. lol

  17. #60

    Default

    i have been extremely happy with the work Groovy has been doing thus far that i have booked him in again in another 18months or so when i start the new project, we discussed it a lil more, when i dropped in to see him today.
    a little bit more has been done since Monday. the blow off valves, i went with 2 TurboSmart Race Port 50mm BOV's, all the fittings, relief valve and cap have been welded onto the rocker covers. the covers will be blasted and either left polished or powder coated black, haven't decided yet. he made up 4 nice 8mm brackets for the ignition coils. also put 2 more fittings into the catch can, i will be running water and tranny fluid into it as well, its plenty big to accomodate everything.





    Last edited by prasac; 11-12-2009 at 08:06 PM.

  18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements
     

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 First 1234567891011 ... Last

Similar Threads

  1. HPP Twin Turbo build
    By highoctane in forum Turbo Modular
    Replies: 360
    Last Post: 10-28-2019, 08:01 PM
  2. Just another Twin Turbo 2V build...
    By HACK 02 S/C GT in forum 1996 - 2004 Mustang GT
    Replies: 266
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 11:09 PM
  3. Twin Turbo Build
    By 03-Sonic in forum Turbo Modular
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-29-2009, 10:44 AM
  4. Twin turbo build getting ready
    By hellionsaleen in forum 2005 - 2010 Mustang GT
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 05:49 PM
  5. Pics from an HPP twin turbo build
    By cobrad in forum Turbo Modular
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 07:55 PM