Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

N/A setup questions??

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  john2424 
#1 ·
I have a 2004 gt with mild bolt ons and a built rear....i was looking to purchase the tfs heads and cms stage 2 n/a cams...am i going to need to get bigger injectors, bigger maf and different fuel pump like you would with a blower setup? or am i ok with my 24lb stock injectors....i was going to do a blower setup so i have 42lb green tops, 90mm lightning maf and svt focus fuel pump if i need new ones could i use them? thansk so much for your time...lmk wat i am going to need with the n/a setup regarding fuel and induction! thank

JOHN

#2 ·
your car has 19 #/hr injectors stock, not 24s.......now that that's out of the way, larger injectors will be necessary once you get over approx 290-300 BHP......if you already have the 42s, might as well get a tuner to program them into a tune......larger maf you wont need unless you're over 400 BHP, but again, if you already have the 90mm LMAF, might as well get it programmed into a tune as well.....as far as fuel pump....well you get the drift...if you already have it, might as well have it all tied together and get dyno-tuned by a good tuner

#3 ·
Your car has 21lb injectors. You will need bigger injectors and fuel pump. Focus svt pump will work. 42lb injectors may be a little over kill, but they should work. Stock maf is an 80mm so it's fine. You'll probably make 340-350rwhp with longtubes, which I don't see in your mod list. If you're doing heads and cams you should definitely get longtubes.

#4 ·
yea i made a mistake pink injectors are 21lb and trick flow tested there heads and cams with bolts on at 370 rwhp on their test car so im looking to put down 380 hopefully with a little more done also...so u think i shud keep the focus pump lightning maf and 42lbs?

#5 ·
I doubt you'll see 380rwhp with the stock shortblock. Check out this thread: http://www.modularfords.com/showthread.php?t=139918&page=14. This guy made 355rwhp on 11.7:1 compression with CMS stage 2's, stock intake, and through an auto. If the numbers were converted for a stick car it would be around 375rwhp. I think the trick flow heads increase the compression on the stock motor to 10.1. Paired with the CMS cams, trick flow intake, and longtubes i think you'll be around 360rwhp. SVT Focus pump is good to 400-420rwhp. 42lb injectors should be good to 450-475rwhp. It's up to you on the 90mm.

#6 ·
ok cool that sounds good ! im going to be purchasing the tfs tack heat manifold also and im gnna put a jlt cai on it too so im hoping for 370-380 rwhp who knows its hards to do a n/a setup on a 2v and get big numbers down we will see...with at the least 360hp i shud be in the real high 11s on my slicks thanks so much for your help ! my project begins now then since i know i can use my 42lb injectors focus pump and lightning maf

thanksss

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.