KB'd GT500 Track Times

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Premium Member Array Eric Brooks's Avatar

Default KB'd GT500 Track Times

For those of you that have run your car at the track, what kinda ETs did you run?

I finally have my car where I want it, and will be hitting the track up in the next few weeks. I am running 275/45/18 M&H Drag Radials on the factory GT500 wheels. These tires are slightly taller, but a bit narrower than the stock F1 tires. On the street, they do hook pretty good. You can go to the floor in 2nd, and it hooks.

My car has quite a bit of suspension work. Pretty much everything BMR makes is on the car. Front and rear sway bars are removed, and it has an anti-roll bar. The rear seat is also deleted.

I'm hoping I can kick off a 6.80 or so in the 1/8th mile. Somewhere in the 10.70 range maybe. It's running the 3" upper currently, and I'll be running on pump gas. It has made 725 RWHP SAE on a really good air day, but I'd say realistically on the track, unless I get lucky, it will be making a bit less than that with the heatsoak and whatnot.

Just curious what some of you other guys have done.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array Wilson & Co.'s Avatar

Well it's all gonna come down to your 60' on DR's... Get it in the 1.6's and you should be able to meet your expectations of .70's... If you can somehow get it in the 1.50's it might run in the 10.50's.

Look forward to seeing how it runs on these tires

Can you please post a pic of those DR's mounted? I am in the market and dont know if I want to spend all the money on widening stock wheels just yet.

PS- are the 07-09 stock wheels 9 or 9.5" wide?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson & Co. View Post
    Well it's all gonna come down to your 60' on DR's... Get it in the 1.6's and you should be able to meet your expectations of .70's... If you can somehow get it in the 1.50's it might run in the 10.50's.

Look forward to seeing how it runs on these tires

Can you please post a pic of those DR's mounted? I am in the market and dont know if I want to spend all the money on widening stock wheels just yet.

PS- are the 07-09 stock wheels 9 or 9.5" wide?
    9.5" I believe. I think the ETs you suggest are probably about right. If it doesn't hook off the line, I am going to kill the power a bit by limiting the throttle angle vs rpm at the lower rpms. If I don't launch hard, that will keep the power done, in first gear.

I'll get a picture of the mounted when I get a chance.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Brooks View Post
    For those of you that have run your car at the track, what kinda ETs did you run?

I finally have my car where I want it, and will be hitting the track up in the next few weeks. I am running 275/45/18 M&H Drag Radials on the factory GT500 wheels. These tires are slightly taller, but a bit narrower than the stock F1 tires. On the street, they do hook pretty good. You can go to the floor in 2nd, and it hooks.

My car has quite a bit of suspension work. Pretty much everything BMR makes is on the car. Front and rear sway bars are removed, and it has an anti-roll bar. The rear seat is also deleted.

I'm hoping I can kick off a 6.80 or so in the 1/8th mile. Somewhere in the 10.70 range maybe. It's running the 3" upper currently, and I'll be running on pump gas. It has made 725 RWHP SAE on a really good air day, but I'd say realistically on the track, unless I get lucky, it will be making a bit less than that with the heatsoak and whatnot.

Just curious what some of you other guys have done.
    **** SORRY JUST REALIZED THIS THREAD IS FOR "KB" GT500 ****

Thinking your car can go quicker than 10.7's.....Went to the track this past Monday and had some good air:

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Bdp...eature=channel

60' - 1.829
    330 - 4.719
    1/8 - 7.065
    MPH - 106.06
    1000 - 9.096
    1/4 - 10.831
    MPH - 124.90

Crappy 60' times..I've pulled 1.6 before. It was pulling timing 4th gear on due high downstream temps (still have stock H/E) reason for low 1/4 MPH. Happy about 1/8 MPH though. Had one go at it, and packed it up. Getting a new H/E end of the month and hopefully make it back before the track closes for the season. See signature for type of DR & mods.
    Last edited by robjr67; 10-23-2009 at 09:00 PM.

Senior Member Array

robjr, what happened at the start that cost you sooo much time?
    If you had not stumbled, it would have been .5 quicker.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by robjr67 View Post
    **** SORRY JUST REALIZED THIS THREAD IS FOR "KB" GT500 ****

Thinking your car can go quicker than 10.7's.....Went to the track this past Monday and had some good air:

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Bdp...eature=channel

60' - 1.829
    330 - 4.719
    1/8 - 7.065
    MPH - 106.06
    1000 - 9.096
    1/4 - 10.831
    MPH - 124.90

Crappy 60' times..I've pulled 1.6 before. It was pulling timing 4th gear on due high downstream temps (still have stock H/E) reason for low 1/4 MPH. Happy about 1/8 MPH though. Had one go at it, and packed it up. Getting a new H/E end of the month and hopefully make it back before the track closes for the season. See signature for type of DR & mods.
    Rob, What wheels are you using? What size DR?

Quote Originally Posted by 67fire View Post
    robjr, what happened at the start that cost you sooo much time?
    If you had not stumbled, it would have been .5 quicker.

Eric
    Guess thta's why I don't d0 it for a living....It happen's every now and then. Would have pulled a 1.6 if I kept at it, but only ran once because of the amount of timing it was pulling...see my above post's...shooting for 10.4's with better 60' and 8-10 more MPH with new H/E.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Brooks View Post
    Rob, What wheels are you using? What size DR?
    M/H - 275/50/17, rims are 17x9.5 GT500 knock off's......(best 60' low 1.6's)

Thanks, - Rob

Senior Member Array

Did you just dump the clutch and had too much traction?
    Or, are you saying the engine was just too hot?

Eric

Senior Member Array

Probably a bunch of humidity at MIR this time of year.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by 67fire View Post
    Probably a bunch of humidity at MIR this time of year.

Eric
    Yes, I dumbed the clutch to quick .... track was prepped with VHT pretty good and I was the first to go down...and of course had to be on video.. We had a track rental and the weather was awesome for this time of year. Around 50 degress, low humidity 50%, and DA -400 or so....

As mentioned above my Downstream temps got pretty high from top of 3rd gear & 4th gear on, due to stock H/E. Starts to pull time 135 degrees. Which show because I only gained 18mph from 1/8 = 106mph to 1/4 = 124mph. I should be at least @ 132+ mph in the 1/4.

If it was just 1/8mi track, I would have been good no timing being pulled. Would have ran a 6.8 or 6.7 with improved 60' times.....Going back when I put the C&R H/E in...

Premium Member Array black2003cobra's Avatar

Eric - E-mail me your .dlf file, your race weight, rear gear ratio, etc. and I'll run it through my model for grins. I will do different cases...traction limited & non-limited.

Eric,

When mine was making 725 on pump gas, Tony G drove it a 10.71 @ 134 with 1.74 60' on a 26" M/T slick and a DA around 3500ft. It was crushing the tires through 3rd gear. It didn't help having the 20's on the front either.

Senior Member Array et9secstang's Avatar

Hello I went to a track rental the other day . First time I had this car down the track,These cars are hard to get them to hook,You have to play with them a bit. On 18DR my best short time was 1.6 and that was leaving at idle and riding the clutch car went a [email protected] I didn't think that was to bad for what I have.Hopefully it will only get better.I think I am going to put some bmr stuff on the car and a set of Bogarts with 325's on the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by et9secstang View Post
    Hello I went to a track rental the other day . First time I had this car down the track,These cars are hard to get them to hook,You have to play with them a bit. On 18DR my best short time was 1.6 and that was leaving at idle and riding the clutch car went a [email protected] I didn't think that was to bad for what I have.Hopefully it will only get better.I think I am going to put some bmr stuff on the car and a set of Bogarts with 325's on the rear.
    For comparison, what was your 1/8 mi ET & MPH and what kind of numbers did you put down?...thanks,

Senior Member Array et9secstang's Avatar

Well I just got back from the 1/8 mile track today, Off the trailer she went a 1.67 short time and a 6.92 at 105 mph on 18 drag radials.The track official got on me.anyway next pass somehow the tensioner for the supercharger broke in half.I don't know what really happened,That sucks because the 86 dollar belt from Kenne bell was ruined. I guess I will have to do some leg work and find out if this is a problem with my set up .My car put down 730 rwhp.

18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last