Kenne Bell 2.8H 2v Install notes. - Page 8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 First 12345678
    Moderator Array

Yeah, yours are different than on my 02 GT. They went to push lock type connectors. As you can see it looks like they built in a 90 degree elbow into the connector.

- - - Updated - - -

If it was me, I would buy a 5/8 90 degree elbow and a 5/8 splice. put the 90 elbow on it, then put the splice (not sure if that's the right term) but it allows you to connect two 5/8 heater hoses together, and then run it where you need to. You should be able to get it at a local auto parts store.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Hmm.. Yea ill go to the auto parts store and see what i can scrounge up. That looks a whole lot better than what mine looks like when i try to connect everything.

I ran stainless steel hose instead. Worked just fine and looks good.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

The only thing is that i dont have these push lock connectors on my heater core. Unless i dont think so anyways. The stock line was just hose pushed over the connector and clamped.

This weekend i bought a plastic hose 90 and installed it. Its tight as all hell back there but it worked. Im not sure if i will be able to use any of the small ports on the intake though due to there being no room.

As an update, I have just about everything dont. The only things i need to do that i can think of is wire up my BAP, BAS, and FPDM Module.
    After that i think ill be able to add some fuel and give her a crank.

Off topic, but being this is a completely new motor, how should i go about priming the oil pump? Ive read about a few methods (Hold gas pedal to floor and start, Priming through the oil filter port etc.
    What have yall done in the past?

Ok, so i started the car for the first time last night and she running rich and wont stay idling by herself. I messed around with her tonight and encountered the same issue. In order for it to run steady i have to slightly crack the throttle. I can hold it here and she runs but as soon as i let go the RPM's drop and she dies out. Is this the issue yall were encountering? I'm currently on the stock tune and figured it would at least idle but that's a no go.

Thoughts?

You need it tuned

Yea, that's the conclusion i came to. I checked and double checked everything and all seems to be hooked up right. I guess i need to set up a tuning day to at least get her drivable so i can put a few miles on the new motor.

Edit: Short clip from last nights trouble shooting session. Its not much but its a good feeling to see her run for the first time lol
    Last edited by Tim99GT; 03-19-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Moderator Array

Tim, how you making out with that beast?

Same as last time for now. I called a local tuner today and we are shooting for the end of next week to get it to him for a base tune. With that said, im pretty much at a stand still until then. I have a autometer dash bezel coming in the next day or so so i can mount my wide band A/F gauge. I also have a killer chiller unit coming (Should be here this week as well) that im going to get installed before before bringing the car to him. I should be able to knock everything out this weekend and then its just a waiting game. Ill keep everyone updated with how it goes. Hopefully everything goes well and the car idles/drives like a dream.

Member Array

it should idle, especially if you had a KB before and the only change was the larger blower. something isnt right. check for vacuum leaks? IAC plugged in functioning properly? fuel pressure?

13. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 First 12345678