sn95 v6 swap into 351w injection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Icon4 sn95 v6 swap into 351w injection

hello everyone,
    as you can read in my new user post i like mustang about a while i make a 351 cleveland 4b in a 1990 gt and a 5.0 lx wack top from the oil pan to the plenum and now i get a 97 svt cobra in progress

but now i got a lot of question, one of my husband benoyb was my friend teacher coach and rival but now is dead about a month i still keep motivation but never know all this guy can know, before is taking off this earth he was showing me this site thanks bro

so now i get a project to do with a friend but i need to find info to do it whit him

he got a 1996 v6 that we want to swap into a 351W injection, he brought the 351 with the carburator set up, he need to be rebuilt eccept the head and crank, maybei need to check the capwalk to be shure

does anyone do this swap? i dont know wich computer will run this set up, a 5.0 1995 oneand for the wiring??? did i take the 1995 5.0 engine bay wiring?

they are a difference between the 5.0 and 5.8 eccept the cc in the cylinder? did the timing is the same?

if there is no difference eccept the cc in the cylinder its like everithing is done and you will see it at sanair ford show in 2010 beside my cobra and all of my mustang friends

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

The 94-95 Mustangs with a V6 are the easiest to do the swap in. Use the entire engine/transmission harness and computer and gauges from a 94/95 GT and make the swap. PLug and PLay! Even the K-member is the same.

However, the 96-98 is a little more tricky. MUCH more electrical involvement. Best to find a wrecked 94/95 GT and take EVERYTHING from that car and put it into the 96 including Bodyharness, dash harness etc. K-member will need to be changed as well.

OR

Standalone EFI, MegaSquirt or FAST or BigStuff or Accel DFI, if you dont want to use the factory fuel injection. But that will add more $$ to the budget!

cool
    thanks magic

but do you think i really need to change all the dash harness?

i was thinking of just changing the cluster for the rpm range....

change the fuel pump for a walbro 255/lb

put a k member and gt shock and front brake with all the engine bay harness from a gt with the computer

buy trick flow intake and 30/lb injector with after market fuel rail and a fuel pressure regulator

but i dont want to blow anything, just want to do it right without buying another car, did i got some sensor to change pin location in the computer in the v6 vs v8?

thanks for your help
    Last edited by 97ttsnake; 12-31-2009 at 09:40 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by texas View Post
    cool
    thanks magic

but do you think i really need to change all the dash harness?
    You dont have to, but for some it might be a little easier instead of re-pinning/re-wiring. However, I am not totally sure on exactly what and how much needs to be re-wired (when using the 94-95 engine harnesses/computer in the 96up cars).

i was thinking of just changing the cluster for the rpm range....
    I know in the 94/95 cars, its as easy as swapping out the v6 cluster and putting in the v8. Again, has to do with the dash harness.

change the fuel pump for a walbro 255/lb
    good choice. What about fuel lines to the rail and back?

put a k member and gt shock and front brake with all the engine bay harness from a gt with the computer
    V6 and GT brakes are the same. Unless you want to upgrade to Cobra brakes up front.

buy trick flow intake and 30/lb injector with after market fuel rail and a fuel pressure regulator

but i dont want to blow anything, just want to do it right without buying another car, did i got some sensor to change pin location in the computer in the v6 vs v8?

thanks for your help
    Which sensors do you mean? Engine or body?

i dont know wich fuel line and back im gonna use, but im shure you gona tell me

thanks for the info about the front brake, i was shure that the v6 model get smaller one

for all the harness trouble i think that i had no choice if i dont want to lost time in this project, im gonna buy all the harness from a 95 gt like you tell me, is the easy way to do it right quick

just need to find a place to buy it, dont know if i can buy brand new? just to be shure to make something that gonna roll without trouble after a month

my friend benoyb was buy a dart block in is last project and they give him a brand new harness with it at summit racing, maybe they got some for me?? im gonna look at it this week.

i dont know wich fuel line and back im gonna use, but im shure you gona tell me

thanks for the info about the front brake, i was shure that the v6 model get smaller one

for all the harness trouble i think that i had no choice if i dont want to lost time in this project, im gonna buy all the harness from a 95 gt like you tell me, is the easy way to do it right quick

just need to find a place to buy it, dont know if i can buy brand new? just to be shure to make something that gonna roll without trouble after a month

my friend benoyb was buy a dart block in is last project and they give him a brand new harness with it at summit racing, maybe they got some for me?? im gonna look at it this week.
    I dont know if there are any new 94/95 5.0L engine harnesses available from anywhere, if they are be prepared to pay big $$. Otherwise, finding a wrecked car to donate the harnesses is the choice.

Fuel line, get some line made up..braided etc... I would just go -8an feed lines and -6an return line at the least.

-8an and -6an? sorry i dont understand, (an) what kind of mesurement it is?

-8an and -6an? sorry i dont understand, (an) what kind of mesurement it is?
    Sorry, AN is short for American Navy. Some places and companies use this measurement. When you buy the steel braided lines from Russell or Earls or Aeroquip for example, they are sized according to this measurement value.

So, -8 an would be similar to a 1/2 diameter line and -6 an would be similar to a 3/8 diameter line.

ok so i think im gonna call -8an kit from summit racing, they got complette kit for really sheap, something like 400$ for all the stuff, fuel regulator fuel pump fuel line fuel filter and after market fuel rail and Y adaptor, just miss fuel injector and fire too make it rumblehahaha

thanks a lot for all youre help

we got the engine in hand now and i get all the carburator junk out of the sweet 351, was really a sheap set up, still get the macanic fuel pump on it whats that junk? get it off with the intake and all the front of the engine, we go back there in two week when my friend got all his new stuff, new water pump alternator pulley kit fuel pump delete plate roller rocker and i will get the cam out (i forgot my puller to get the damper out of the crank)

how do you measure the longevity and the lift of the lobe of the cam if it dont got number on the end?

how do you measure the longevity and the lift of the lobe of the cam if it dont got number on the end?
    On the old cam? or new cam?

the old one, the one that is in the engine, if its a small one im gonna call the same that i was putting in my old lx, the edelbrook rpm preformer 224-234 dur 496-520 lift was a good one

trick flow upper and lower intake kit is on its way yeahh baby cant wait to put it on the 5.8does anyone here got some 30 lbs injector to sell, if not im gonna call new one next week

we are now at a couple of week to assemble the whole thing, waiting the summitracing delivery for the first command and after we just got another one to do and thats it, playing with tools and oil (maybe some little cold drink)and fire up

I did the conversion in a 94-95 v6, a 351 stroker motor with a t-5 and Magic is VERY right you need to just pick up a wrecked 94-95 GT and do the swap cause you can find them cheap. Mine was easier cause it was a 94 v6 and had the right k-member and dash harness already. But if you wanna make it easy buy a wrecked 1 like i just did to convert another 94 to a 5-0 i only paid $800 for this wrecked 95 GT and when i did my 351 swap i ordered everything from MPS and DMP which there closed now but all the little stuff will nickel and dime you to death easier just to walk out to a donar car and grab what you need and cheaper, and your 96 has the modular dash harness and k-member in it and will be alot less of a headache just to change it goodluck with the conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    The 94-95 Mustangs with a V6 are the easiest to do the swap in. Use the entire engine/transmission harness and computer and gauges from a 94/95 GT and make the swap. PLug and PLay! Even the K-member is the same.

However, the 96-98 is a little more tricky. MUCH more electrical involvement. Best to find a wrecked 94/95 GT and take EVERYTHING from that car and put it into the 96 including Bodyharness, dash harness etc. K-member will need to be changed as well.

OR

Standalone EFI, MegaSquirt or FAST or BigStuff or Accel DFI, if you dont want to use the factory fuel injection. But that will add more $$ to the budget!

Hey magic, i just bought a 95 v6 mustang and i m wanting to swap in a v8 , so swapping it over to a v8 fuel injection is that bad, i just need a to Use the entire engine/transmission harness and computer and gauges from a 94/95 GT and make the swap. PLug and PLay
    if thats all i need the swap shouldnt be that bad at all. any pointers would be grealty appreciated on this subject

18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last