HID light advise - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Quote Originally Posted by bluestang98 View Post
    DDM still has a great price for the dual beam setup. I am torn, since people say that the brightness is just as bright with just the low beam. Can anyone comment on that?

Again that depends on the kind of HID bulb you get and the type of head light housing your car has. Most single bulb head lights have reflectors positioned for their corresponding filament. Example : Your high beam filament is in a different position than your low beam filament, the reflectors inside the headlight are designed to change the way the light is projected based on the filament that is lit, thus giving you high beam and low beam. You have to buy the HID bulb that goes with your headlight housing to get the correct projection of your high beam light. Some bulbs have one filament on top of the other and some have one filament next to the other. If your housing uses reflectors for a bulb that has filaments side by side then a bulb that has one on top of the other will not work ( well it will work just not properly ). It very petty but very important. i dont think the type of bulb matters if you have projector beam headlights but i know people who have run into clearance issues with that set up.

Aftermarket HIDs are very hard to fit PROPERLY on your car. The reason for this is because the HID kits are sold based on the bulb PLUG they replace, not the application they are used in and honestly most consumers dont care ( or dont know ) if it works right because they dont understand the complex technology built into your head light housings.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

HID headlights are an awesome upgrade, and are far superior to regular incandescent bulbs. As stated earlier, they do run much much cooler than incandescent bulbs, so the melting truly is not an issue. As far as high beam/ low beams go, get both. The low beams are very bright, probably no different than the high beams in most setups, but the difference is the angle at which they project out the light. The high beams are angled to project further in front of your car, thus illuminating things further away as you are traveling at higher speeds. Low beams are designed to not distract oncoming drivers, and illuminate a lower angle in front of you. This being said, the extra $$ is well spent on having 4 ballasts if you ever intend to drive on the highway.

try DDM, or these guys are cheaper/still great quality from what I've heard: www.xenonpro.com

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

There are plug and play kits out there that have no drilling what so ever. I got mine from HIDGUY.net but I guess he isn't around anymore. I would stay away from the higher number lights, in your case (8000K), I don't think you will be happy with them as they are darker. Stay in the 4,300 to 6000K lighting. 4,300 is what factory cars use. 6K still is super white with more of a blue tint to it. The higher the number, the less white and more color you get but results are not as bright.

Ever see rice cars going down the road with practically purple lights and know they can't see anything in front of them? They're in the 12K range.
    Last edited by RussZTT; 06-03-2016 at 09:21 AM.

7. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12