What if? Built Coyote in an 03/04 Cobra? - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123
Results 31 to 37 of 37
  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stalker27 View Post
    I don't get this, is the OP wanting to do this just because it's a 5.0?

    You would do even better just buying the Ford Racing block & punching it out to that or even more radical throwing in the 6.2 that's going to be released.

    I really don't feel the Coyote heads are going to flow that much more than out Cobra heads. Afterall they are pretty much the same head.

    Yeah it's going to be a good motor for spray but thats where the line ends. Even in the magazine the Ford techs even say this motor can't handle boost. Compression is way to high. Also it already has mid length headers on it so if you wan to change exhaust they even said you will have to get long tubes. Wow, it's going to come to a point where you almost don't even have to buy aftermarket parts for simple stuf
    again the discussion is a built coyote, and the rumor is the coyote heads flow almost 300cfm

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Boynton Beach Florida
    Posts
    1,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stalker27 View Post
    I don't get this, is the OP wanting to do this just because it's a 5.0?

    You would do even better just buying the Ford Racing block & punching it out to that or even more radical throwing in the 6.2 that's going to be released.

    I really don't feel the Coyote heads are going to flow that much more than out Cobra heads. Afterall they are pretty much the same head.

    Yeah it's going to be a good motor for spray but thats where the line ends. Even in the magazine the Ford techs even say this motor can't handle boost. Compression is way to high. Also it already has mid length headers on it so if you wan to change exhaust they even said you will have to get long tubes. Wow, it's going to come to a point where you almost don't even have to buy aftermarket parts for simple stuf
    It is a technical discussion about what benefits the fully programmable cam timming and the super high flow heads (flow more than gt500 / gt heads) would have in a positive displacement blower set up.

    Again, this is not about taking an off the shelf 11:1 compression coyote block and strapping a blower to it. I am trying to get info on what one of these motors would be like if it where built for boost. All that would be needed is some good rods and pistons and a qualified engine builder. The crank is already forged.

    I could care less about it being a 5.0 displacement. I want to know about the possibilities of the new technological additions to this engine.

  4. #33
    Senior Member Array stalker27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Memphis TN
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaman View Post
    It is a technical discussion about what benefits the fully programmable cam timming and the super high flow heads (flow more than gt500 / gt heads) would have in a positive displacement blower set up.

    Again, this is not about taking an off the shelf 11:1 compression coyote block and strapping a blower to it. I am trying to get info on what one of these motors would be like if it where built for boost. All that would be needed is some good rods and pistons and a qualified engine builder. The crank is already forged.

    I could care less about it being a 5.0 displacement. I want to know about the possibilities of the new technological additions to this engine.
    I guess i didn't read it good enough i appologise. We are on the same page now. I take it these heads won't swap over to our motors? & could our heads flow that if ported?

  5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #34
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    kernersville
    Posts
    687

    Default

    after reading about the coyote, i feel this engine will be a beast with some good rods and some good pistons. if the heads truly flow what the rumors say, then this thing will be a beast. also if the cam timing is electronically altered, then getting it tuned for more aggressive cam timing and such should really wake it up...im not sure but i thought it used oil pressure to alter the cams like the 3v did but i forget( its late). either way i think this will eventually be a solid platform once the after market catches up. if someone made an easy way to swap it in our cars with the variable cam timing with some good pistons and rods ect..id totally be all over it....

  7. #35
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Boynton Beach Florida
    Posts
    1,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 04svtsnke View Post
    also if the cam timing is electronically altered, then getting it tuned for more aggressive cam timing and such should really wake it up...im not sure but i thought it used oil pressure to alter the cams like the 3v did but i forget( its late).
    I believe the cam timing is electronic over hydraulic. In other words, electronics modulate the hydraulics. The big advancements over the 3 valve is that all the cams are adjustable and also they have up to 50 degrees of variability where as the 3 valve was less than that.

  8. #36
    New LIVER mod ROCKS! Array jimmysidecarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Spring,Tx
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Since it will be assembled on the same lines as the old 4.6 and 5.4, I'm hoping retrofits like the op has speculated will be not too difficult.
    We know heads won't exchange, but hopefully bellhousing bolt patterns, motor mounts and maybe even oil pans will be the same or very close.

    I think a serious build intended for forced PD blower or turbo, of this new 5.0, will eclipse even the power achievable by the larger GT500/Ford GT 5.4!

    I could be full of $#!T! but we will have to wait and see, I know I don't have the money to fund that project.

    I'm a little concerned that race governing bodies are going to really slap weight on cars equipped with this BUZZ BOMB! That or restrictor plates or rev limiters.

    I think we are going to see some truly impressive horse power per liter numbers from modified versions of this engine, especially if we are able to fit con rods in there that will support very high RPM, like 8 or 9 K.

    The adjust-ability of the cam timing should really enhance power under the curve, where in the past we would be forced to give up quite a bit of low mid power in the quest for higher top end power, via very aggressive cams and cam timing.

  9. #37

    Default

    the auto trans has been used on the Navi so I think bell housing should not be an issue and I think it had to keep the same oil pan rail due to keeping the same line as the current 4.6.

  10. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements
     

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Similar Threads

  1. '01 Cobra 32V or Coyote 5.0 in my fox?
    By BiminiBlueCoupe in forum Modular V8 and V10 Conversions and Swaps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-02-2011, 12:01 AM
  2. Aeromotive Coyote and Cobra Jet Parts
    By Holcomb Motorsports in forum Vendor Deals
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 01:35 PM
  3. BBR 5.0L Coyote Race Built Shortblocks
    By JohnnyZ in forum Vendor Deals
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-17-2011, 11:03 AM
  4. Should i sell my 03 cobra for a COYOTE!!
    By Naztpony in forum 2011 - 2014 Mustang GT and Boss 302
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 09:37 AM

Tags for this Thread