Modular in a 62 Fairlane - Page 10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 First ... 34567891011 Last
    Senior Member Array

If the aluminum tank in the last pic is the fill tank, you should be fine as long as the level in that tank is at least level with the pump highest point for the fluid chamber.

Looking great. Keep it up!!

Dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Not that one, that is the Radiator overflow. But it might not be any lower than that one. It will be close.

Default Plumbing

Finally decided where the intercooler pump and fill canister are going to live. Figuring out all the hoses was a pain, but am 90% done.
    Made up the stainless fuel and cooling lines in the engine bay, figured out how I am running the lines to the tank. Roughed in the box out in the trunk more to my liking. Still have to fully weld it from underneath and grind it down flush. Now I am thinking of moving the engine back 1.5". It never ends!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array

Love it! I fully understand the moving the engine idea. I'm leaving the coils and it's going to stay but it will bug me. Keep it up. Looking great!

Herb, between you and Dave, wow, I'm really inspired!

Senior Member Array

He's got the setup for sure. I'm just an amateur.

Junior Member Array

I did this swap. I put a 94 Lincoln Mark VIII and an AODE in my 65 Fastback. I used the RC Motorsports suspension which was quite easy to install. I had a custom set of Dawson racing headers made for it and ised all the stock wiring and computer with some changes. I completed it in 2012 but I now selling the entire drivetrain, wiring and headers to make way fir a blown 5.0. Coyote.

Name:  004.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  56.1 KB

I got the Pacesetter headers, drive side fits perfect and no issue with the steering. Just had to extend the shaft and add a u joint. The passenger side is hitting the frame rail. Dave, not sure what is different between our set ups, but maybe your engine is sitting higher? If I raise the engine any the header might clear, but the blower will require a hole in the hood! I did move my engine back and inch, but it would hit it i moved it back up as well.

Wondering if I could just heat up the header and flatten that section out without damaging the header or Just notch the frame rail. I need the transmission cross-member to move over about 3/4" to go back in. The header is stopping it. So a 3/4 to 1 inch notch would to it. Cant really offset the engine to the driver side without creating a bunch more problems.

Junior Member Array

Default You are pretty close.

Sparky,
    it looks like you are pretty close to being done. You may want to consider bot options. You can use a dye grinder to notch the frame, but just a small amount. Then you can heat the header and put a small dent. In it to get the clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by sparky1562 View Post
    Name:  004.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  56.1 KB

I got the Pacesetter headers, drive side fits perfect and no issue with the steering. Just had to extend the shaft and add a u joint. The passenger side is hitting the frame rail. Dave, not sure what is different between our set ups, but maybe your engine is sitting higher? If I raise the engine any the header might clear, but the blower will require a hole in the hood! I did move my engine back and inch, but it would hit it i moved it back up as well.

Wondering if I could just heat up the header and flatten that section out without damaging the header or Just notch the frame rail. I need the transmission cross-member to move over about 3/4" to go back in. The header is stopping it. So a 3/4 to 1 inch notch would to it. Cant really offset the engine to the driver side without creating a bunch more problems.

Junior Member Array

Doing a 2001 Lightning motor in a 65. Pictures here. Where did you get your headers?
    http://thepandatrap.com/gallery/65-Fairlane-Motor-Swap

Tyler

They are Pacesetters. I bought them through Jegs and they matched the lowest price I found elsewhere. Tried to find them used, but didn't want to wait any longer.

Junior Member Array

Tyler, Cool project. Where did you her your hood with the Tear Drop scoop? I am replacing a 96 Cobra motor in my 65 Mustang with a 2012 Coyote that has the Roush TVS blower and I will need the room.

Junior Member Array

Meant....get your hood...

On edit, is see you were asking Tyler!

I don't have a tear drop hood. You must have seen it on another post. The 62 is one year only and there are no after market or fiberglass tear drops that I ever found. I am using a RC Motorsports cross member and the Eaton just clears under the hood.

Junior Member Array

Thanks Sparky. The 62 Fairlane is my favorite body style. I also like the 63 Caliente. I also used the RC motorsports front suspension on my 65 Fastback. I am now replacing the 4.6L with a Coyote and Roush TVS unit. The stock hood wont work so im trying to find a solution that will be period correct. Good luck with your project.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 First ... 34567891011 Last